Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Manchester, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Manchester, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with a qualified lawyer in Manchester, MO about your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to insist on the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Manchester, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you are owed. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Manchester, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where someone else broke the rules and hurt you, you require the knowledgeable and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Manchester, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case right away and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We oversee every every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme impact on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to make certain you receive full compensation for the cataclysmic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover maximum compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Manchester, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted negligently and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in Manchester, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is obstructed by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you also recover full compensation for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Manchester, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers get to work on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Manchester, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of motor vehicle accident experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Nearly one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Manchester, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a negligent property owner accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Manchester and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you sustain a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Manchester, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Manchester, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Manchester, MO work site was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Manchester, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you willfully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Manchester, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Manchester, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to secure you the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Manchester, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sreckless behavior. Our Manchester, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Manchester, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Manchester, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Manchester, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Manchester, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case right away.