Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Marshfield, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Marshfield, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Marshfield, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to insist on the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Marshfield, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous effect on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a family member sustained an injury because of someone else’s dangerous actions or carelessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, caring and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you deserve. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Marshfield, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where someone else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you require the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Marshfield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you are awarded a full recovery. We handle all every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a profound impact on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you maintain some measure of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Marshfield, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved carelessly and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Marshfield, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a great financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer possible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Marshfield, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free consultation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Marshfield, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim at once. We will collect all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery floors without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Marshfield, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property manager responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not correctly observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Marshfield and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Marshfield, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Marshfield, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Marshfield, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Marshfield, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention the moment symptoms emerge, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or injured you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Marshfield, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Marshfield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously inhibit your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Marshfield, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless actions. Our Marshfield, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Marshfield, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Marshfield, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Marshfield, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Marshfield, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case now.