Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Maryland Heights, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with a knowledgeable lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Maryland Heights, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous ramifications in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's irresponsible actions or recklessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, kindhearted and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person disregarded the rules and harmed you, you need the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Maryland Heights, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case straight away and we do not let up until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee all every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a terrible effect on your ability to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the disastrous impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you still have some amount of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Maryland Heights, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved recklessly and broke the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a phone are no longer doable. You may have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, you could have low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Maryland Heights, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim right away. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto crash experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors without "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Maryland Heights, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property owners responsible. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Maryland Heights and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the buyer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause motor vehicle collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to damage to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Maryland Heights, MO work environment was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Maryland Heights, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a judge will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Maryland Heights, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the best possible recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your faculty to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, nearly a third of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Maryland Heights, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless behavior. Our Maryland Heights, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Maryland Heights, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and hard to understand, and that confusion can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Maryland Heights, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Maryland Heights, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Maryland Heights, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get started on your case immediately.