Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Maryville, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Maryville, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to converse with a knowledgeable lawyer in Maryville, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to insist on the great recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law immediately.
Maryville, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible actions or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and you may be uncertain of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Maryville, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where another person did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the accomplished and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Maryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not rest until you collect a great recovery. We manage every every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to make certain you are fully compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you collect the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Maryville, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else behaved dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Maryville, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like combing your hair are no longer achievable. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Maryville, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a complimentary consultation to see what you can recover. Our skilled and experienced lawyers get to work on your case straight away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Maryville, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim right away. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle crash experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery floors without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Maryville, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a careless property manager accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us proper care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately supervising you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Maryville and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the difficult cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Maryville, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to car accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Maryville, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Maryville, MO work site was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Maryville, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you received your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or harms you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Maryville, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Maryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your capacity to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incomprehensible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Maryville, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sirresponsible actions. Our Maryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your healing and knows that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Maryville, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be intensified after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Maryville, MO will give you and your case the genuine and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Maryville, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Maryville, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get to work on your case straight.