Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Odessa, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Odessa, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Odessa, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and tenacity to demand the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law now.
Odessa, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Odessa, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get full compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Odessa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not let up until you collect a great recovery. We handle every every facet of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your rehabilitation and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible effect on your ability to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you collect great compensation for the devastating impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some degree of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you get the best possible compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Odessa, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted dangerously and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Odessa, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a great financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Odessa, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party accountable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto crashes make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Odessa, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Odessa, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property owners accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because they know we are the Odessa and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we demand maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Odessa, MO to hold them accountable. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as defective brakes, that cause car crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved a design with an inherent defect, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise failed to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Odessa, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you receive the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Odessa, MO work circumstances were dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord transpires in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Odessa, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you are injured because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Odessa, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Odessa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand in your corner until you get the maximum recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your ability to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Odessa, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sreckless actions. Our Odessa, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and basically refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Odessa, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Odessa, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Odessa, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Odessa, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can get started on your case straight.