Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Osage Beach, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Osage Beach, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Osage Beach, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to demand the full recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Osage Beach, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of someone else’s dangerous behavior or thoughtlessness, you are upset and it can be difficult to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Osage Beach, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person broke the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Osage Beach, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We handle each every part of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you collect complete compensation for the catastrophic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Osage Beach, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and broke the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Osage Beach, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a care provider and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, bedsores or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Osage Beach, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a complimentary consultation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers start working on your case right away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Osage Beach, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim straight away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of car accident experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Nearly a third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Osage Beach, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a careless property operator accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not adequately monitoring you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Osage Beach and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the consumer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Osage Beach, MO to hold them accountable. There are numerous products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that cause motor vehicle collisions
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Osage Beach, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you are awarded the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Osage Beach, MO work circumstances were hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Osage Beach, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Osage Beach, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Osage Beach, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the complete recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely inhibit your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Osage Beach, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless behavior. Our Osage Beach, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to determine, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Osage Beach, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Osage Beach, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Osage Beach, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to get you the recovery you are owed. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Osage Beach, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case immediately.