Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Ozark, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Ozark, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in Ozark, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and will power to insist on the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Ozark, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's irresponsible behavior or carelessness, you are upset and you may not know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, empathetic and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Ozark, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the talented and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case at once and we do not rest until you are awarded a full recovery. We oversee all every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, skill and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the devastating impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may need medical care and special devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover complete compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Ozark, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was negligent and disregarded the rules, you need a talented and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ozark, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like using a computer are no longer possible. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could experience low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional agony the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Ozark, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law now for a complimentary case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and experienced lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Ozark, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim at once. We will gather all pertinent evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle accident experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Ozark, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding irresponsible property managers accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not correctly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously hardto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Ozark and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the complex cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals neglected to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the customer. When they are negligent and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Ozark, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause car wrecks
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ozark, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Ozark, MO work environment was unsafe. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord transpires immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Ozark, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you received your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and knowledgeable doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or injured you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Ozark, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been injured because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to win you the maximum recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ozark, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless actions. Our Ozark, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Ozark, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and hard to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ozark, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Ozark, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Ozark, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case now.