Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Perryville, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Perryville, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in Perryville, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to demand the best possible recovery you are owed. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Perryville, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have catastrophic repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one experienced an injury because of another person's dangerous actions or recklessness, you are outraged and you may be uncertain of how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Perryville, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and demand that you get maximum compensation. We have over 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Perryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not give up until you are awarded a great recovery. We oversee each every aspect of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have a terrible impact on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the consequences it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you collect full compensation for the catastrophic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you are able to retain some degree of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just undergoing emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Perryville, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Perryville, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a vast impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also receive full compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Perryville, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the full compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Perryville, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim at once. We will gather all relevant evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of motor vehicle wreck experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object causes you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is legally bound to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Poor lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Perryville, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property operator accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Perryville and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the buyer. When they are reckless and you sustain a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the talented Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Perryville, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Perryville, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Perryville, MO work environment was hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous workplaces, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Perryville, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms emerge, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you intentionally, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Perryville, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Perryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to win you the full recovery you are owed in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly limit your capacity to move and complete basic activities. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Perryville, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sirresponsible actions. Our Perryville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to determine, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to get enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature enacted Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Perryville, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Perryville, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Perryville, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Perryville, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you get the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can get started on your case at once.