Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Pike County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Pike County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in Pike County, MO about your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and will power to insist on the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not delay. Call Burger Law right away.
Pike County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a calamitous impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are upset and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of committed, caring and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a family member may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Pike County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get full compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Pike County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case at once and we do not let up until you are awarded a complete recovery. We handle each every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your ability to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the devastating impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you are able to retain some amount of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you recover great compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Pike County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and broke the rules, you need a talented and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pike County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer feasible. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may require a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless actions. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Pike County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a complimentary consultation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about sustained a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Pike County, MO at for a complimentary case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case straight away. We will gather all important evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the at-fault driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto collision experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is required to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery surfaces without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Pike County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property manager liable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Pike County and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Pike County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that result in auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved a design with an inherent flaw, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An accomplished and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pike County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Pike County, MO work site was hazardous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens immediately, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees are given sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Pike County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly the injury was incurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the recovery you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Pike County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not properly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Pike County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and ability. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and they remain in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pike County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless actions. Our Pike County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are accounted for by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Pike County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pike County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Pike County, MO law firm, we start working on your case right away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Pike County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary consultation, or call us at so we can begin working on your case right away.