Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Pulaski County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Pulaski County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Pulaski County, MO about your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and will power to insist on the great recovery you are owed. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law now.
Pulaski County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating impact on your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of somebody else's dangerous actions or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Whether you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Pulaski County, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where another person disregarded the rules and hurt you, you require the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Pulaski County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case right away and we do not let up until you receive a great recovery. We oversee all every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive impact on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why you must call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you are completely compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The seriousness of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Pulaski County, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person behaved dangerously and broke the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pulaski County, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the calamitous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer doable. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is vital to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to defraud you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Pulaski County, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law now for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you are owed.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another person liable for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Pulaski County, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your claim straight away. We will collect all relevant evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the accident and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of auto wreck experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Pulaski County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property owner accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that happens, you need the compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could lead to spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every category of spinal cord injury claim. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Pulaski County and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the tough cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor neglected to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated clearly to the buyer. When they are irresponsible and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Pulaski County, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that lead to motor vehicle crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Pulaski County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make certain that you get the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause damage to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Pulaski County, MO work environment was unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord happens in one moment, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Pulaski County, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or harms you purposefully, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Pulaski County, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare instances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring Pulaski County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand in your corner until you get the full recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously impede your capacity to move and perform basic tasks. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pulaski County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the exact dollar amount you are owed because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those expenses will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’scareless actions. Our Pulaski County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your suit so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to determine, and fundamentally refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor gave the seal of approval to Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Pulaski County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Pulaski County, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Pulaski County, MO law firm, we start working on your case at once, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Pulaski County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can get to work on your case at once.