Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Richmond, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Richmond, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Richmond, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to demand the maximum recovery you are owed. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
Richmond, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of someone else’s irresponsible actions or recklessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of committed, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you receive the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Richmond, MO today at or contact us online for a free consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and hurt you, you require the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and insist that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Richmond, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case right away and we do not give up until you receive a full recovery. We handle each every detail of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extreme impact on your ability to complete basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you recover the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical treatment without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to ensure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Richmond, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital role spinal cords play in our bodies, the consequences of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and broke the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Richmond, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a maximum financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like getting dressed are no longer possible. You might have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you at risk of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that control breathing breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to deceive you to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your lawsuit and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless actions. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Richmond, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law right away for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our skilled and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you all the compensation you are owed.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle collisions account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Richmond, MO at for a free case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim immediately. We will collect all pertinent evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how substantial your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost one-third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Richmond, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a irresponsible property operator accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us the right care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Richmond and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the tough cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the buyer. When they are careless and you receive a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the skilled Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Richmond, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto wrecks
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise did not establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Richmond, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to ensure you collect the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Richmond, MO work site was dangerous. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for instance construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has an obligation to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Richmond, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and accomplished doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Richmond, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare cases, you might have a claim against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Richmond, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the best possible compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your faculty to move and carry out basic tasks. They also often necessitate numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments as well as medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, almost a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and they stay in the hospital for an average of 18 days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Richmond, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to quantify the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sreckless behavior. Our Richmond, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and essentially refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve complete compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Richmond, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and difficult to understand, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Richmond, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Richmond, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Richmond, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can get to work on your case straight.