Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Rogersville, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Rogersville, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Rogersville, MO about your claim for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and resolve to demand the maximum recovery you are owed. Do not delay. Call Burger Law immediately.
Rogersville, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous repercussions in your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about received an injury because of another person's irresponsible actions or carelessness, you are outraged and you may not know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are feeling and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Rogersville, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else did not respect the rules and harmed you, you require the accomplished and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Rogersville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case straight away and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee every every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make certain you collect full compensation for the disastrous impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some degree of feeling and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Rogersville, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted thoughtlessly and disregarded the rules, you need a savvy and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Rogersville, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your family member as basic daily activities like combing your hair are no longer achievable. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an extreme effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to get in touch with the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also collect complete compensation for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Rogersville, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law right away for a complimentary consultation to see what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case straight away to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person accountable for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Rogersville, MO at for a complimentary case evaluation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will collect all important evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car accident experts to demonstrate precisely how your spinal cord injury was incurred and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your balance and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Rogersville, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property operators liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We count on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the Rogersville and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we demand the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the consumer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Rogersville, MO to hold them responsible. There are a variety of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to motor vehicle accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to ensure the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Rogersville, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make sure you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Rogersville, MO work circumstances were hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Rogersville, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be complex cases to win because it is tough to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the instance symptoms appear, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to review your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your case and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you sustain and injury because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will often order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Rogersville, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who was drunk while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Rogersville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will have to pay for medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly hamper your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Rogersville, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'sthoughtless actions. Our Rogersville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Rogersville, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be compounded after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Rogersville, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Rogersville, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Rogersville, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the full recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can begin working on your case right away.