Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Rolla, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Rolla, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a qualified lawyer in Rolla, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of experienced spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you are entitled to. Do not wait. Call Burger Law right away.
Rolla, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a devastating impact on your life and the life of your family. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's irresponsible behavior or recklessness, you are angry and you may not know what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, empathetic and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Rolla, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else broke the rules and injured you, you need the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight by your side and demand that you get the best possible compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Rolla, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we start working on your case at once and we do not give up until you receive a full recovery. We manage every every detail of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have a terrible effect on your capacity to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make sure you recover maximum compensation for the disastrous impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to find emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely undergoing emergency medical treatment is not adequate to really help you heal. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you great compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our Rolla, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the particular and important part spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer in Rolla, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like writing are no longer feasible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, limiting your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tactics to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Rolla, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a free case review to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and accomplished lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car wrecks account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Rolla, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your claim at once. We will gather all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of auto wreck experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your stability and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property has to preserve a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Wet floors when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Rolla, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property managers accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and the best possible compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently keep on eye on you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and savvy spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can lead to an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are in the emergency room, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complicated, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the Rolla and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the difficult cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the buyer. When they are negligent and you experience a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the experienced Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Rolla, MO to hold them responsible. There are a lot of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that cause car collisions
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Defective firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to ensure the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Rolla, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you get the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Rolla, MO work circumstances were hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through proper safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Rolla, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when an employee repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is difficult to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not found guilty or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Rolla, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Rolla, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your capacity to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, almost a third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Rolla, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the correct dollar amount you are owed because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of somebody else'scareless actions. Our Rolla, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in your recovery and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the catastrophic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Rolla, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that bewilderment can be exacerbated after your life has been put on pause by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Rolla, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Rolla, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case straight away, and we take care of all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to make sure you are awarded the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Rolla, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at so we can start working on your case now.