Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer St. Francois County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in St. Francois County, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to a knowledgeable lawyer in St. Francois County, MO about your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to insist on the great recovery you are owed. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
St. Francois County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have calamitous repercussions in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member received an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are angry and you may be unsure of how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are experiencing and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in St. Francois County, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the result of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other variety of injury where somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, you require the expert and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s St. Francois County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case right away and we do not give up until you receive a complete recovery. We handle all every facet of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s well being after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to stand up, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a profound effect on your capacity to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to ensure you are fully compensated for the devastating effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you keep some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you complete compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our St. Francois County, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person was thoughtless and broke the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in St. Francois County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and gravity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be extremely difficult for you or your loved one as basic daily activities like writing are no longer possible. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on certain areas of their skin, they will be highly at risk of burns, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is imperative to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in St. Francois County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and veteran lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto accidents account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide array of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while drowsy
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in St. Francois County, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we get to work on your case right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car wreck experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors without warning signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the St. Francois County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a negligent property owner responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently observing you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because we are known as the St. Francois County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the complex cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in St. Francois County, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can cause spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that result in motor vehicle crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in St. Francois County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your St. Francois County, MO work circumstances were unsafe. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord happens in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make certain the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in St. Francois County, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the moment symptoms arise, and to call a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to discuss your case. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or harms you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will often order them to compensate you. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in St. Francois County, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not safely handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate St. Francois County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand next to you until you get the full recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you get for your spinal cord injury will depend on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s experience and savvy. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often require exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often huge.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in St. Francois County, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to work out the precise dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sirresponsible actions. Our St. Francois County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The St. Francois County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complicated, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been disrupted by a devastating spinal cord injury. The committed and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in St. Francois County, MO will give you and your case the heartfelt and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our St. Francois County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the St. Francois County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case right away.