Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer St. Joseph, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in St. Joseph, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to consult with a qualified lawyer in St. Joseph, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, savvy and tenacity to demand the full recovery you are owed. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
St. Joseph, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating consequences in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a family member received an injury because of another person's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, empathetic and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are experiencing and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you deserve. No Matter if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a maximum financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in St. Joseph, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where another person disregarded the rules and harmed you, you require the talented and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a full recovery. We have over 20 years of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s St. Joseph, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not let up until you are awarded a great recovery. We handle all every part of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and spend your energy on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have a terrible effect on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make sure you are fully compensated for the devastating impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you still have some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a greater chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical care without delay:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you the best possible compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not wait; call our St. Joseph, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and veteran spinal cord injuries lawyer in St. Joseph, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a computer are no longer doable. You may have to hire someone to care for you at home and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like running, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also impact the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at higher risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is exactly why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the negligent party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical bills are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or careless actions. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in St. Joseph, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our talented and seasoned lawyers start working on your case at once to get you all the compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in St. Joseph, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case immediately. We will gather all important evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We utilize a network of car crash experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your footing and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property is legally bound to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or poorly constructed buildings
- Loose cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence caused your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will illustrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the St. Joseph, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property owner responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not properly keep on eye on you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one made to correct a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can result in lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficultto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the St. Joseph and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the difficult cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given understandably to the customer. When they are irresponsible and you suffer a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in St. Joseph, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that result in motor vehicle accidents
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company neglected to insufficiently test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in St. Joseph, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make sure you are awarded the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries result in damage to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your St. Joseph, MO work environment was hazardous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in St. Joseph, MO, you can trust in Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This occurs when an employee repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why you experienced your injury. That is why it is vital to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your claim and get you the expert medical care you require.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property manager is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every relevant law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in St. Joseph, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate St. Joseph, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s knowledge and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to secure you the full recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a result of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in St. Joseph, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical expenses, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will determine exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our St. Joseph, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights hard on your claim so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The St. Joseph, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that bewilderment can be multiplied after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in St. Joseph, MO will give you and your case the sincere and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our St. Joseph, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case immediately, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to get you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the St. Joseph, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case now.