Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Ste. Genevieve, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to speak to a qualified lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO about your case for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the best possible recovery you are owed. Do not wait. Call Burger Law immediately.
Ste. Genevieve, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of your family. If you or a loved one received an injury because of somebody else's dangerous actions or recklessness, you are angry and it can be difficult to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of dedicated, caring and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously demand your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Regardless of if you have already finished your medical treatments or have learned that you or a loved one may require lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are owed a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, you need the knowledgeable and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Ste. Genevieve, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case at once and we do not let up until you collect a full recovery. We oversee each every aspect of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages may be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord acts as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to walk, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional health. That is why you need to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the cataclysmic impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury occurs when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some measure of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your whole body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you heal. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on getting you maximum compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Ste. Genevieve, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be devastating. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted recklessly and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and insist on a complete financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, inhibiting your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could result in low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can cause dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may necessitate a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is imperative to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also receive complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive schemes to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your case and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Ste. Genevieve, MO. If you think you or a loved one is owed financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a free case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our savvy and experienced lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle crashes account for about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while sleepy
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case immediately. We will collect all relevant evidence, including carrying out official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, acquiring surveillance footage of the accident and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of motor vehicle collision experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury happened and precisely how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your equilibrium and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Nearly a third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Slippery floors without warning signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Bad lighting
- Objects being somewhere they should not be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are responsible for injuries when they neglected to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to prove a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Ste. Genevieve, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a careless property manager liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we need medical treatment. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not sufficiently observing you during surgery. When that happens, you need the trustworthy and talented spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could aggravate a spinal cord injury and lead to paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every category of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Ste. Genevieve and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the tough cases and that we insist on the best possible compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the consumer. When they are negligent and you sustain a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the savvy Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Ste. Genevieve, MO to hold them accountable. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as faulty brakes, that result in car accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to properly test a product, approved a product with an inherent defect, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held accountable. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you receive the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve damage to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Ste. Genevieve, MO work site was dangerous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord transpires suddenly, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a greater risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees go through adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Ste. Genevieve, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them accountable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This transpires when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body wears down over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly you sustained your injury. That is why it is important to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of devoted and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your claim and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every kind of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or hurts you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a judge will usually order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Ste. Genevieve, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the full compensation you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you are awarded for your spinal cord injury will depend on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to secure you the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you spent or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously hamper your faculty to move and perform basic tasks. They also often require numerous hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to bear, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ste. Genevieve, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to determine the precise dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often you will need a new one and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'scareless behavior. Our Ste. Genevieve, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your claim so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the negligent party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the impact your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to your recovery and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the cataclysmic consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Ste. Genevieve, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and complex, and that confusion can be intensified after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The dedicated and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Ste. Genevieve, MO will give you and your case the sincere and ardent representation you deserve. Once you hire our Ste. Genevieve, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case at once, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely sharpened trial skills to win you the recovery you are entitled to. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Ste. Genevieve, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can start working on your case at once.