Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Town & Country, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Town & Country, MO. When a spinal cord injury changes your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to consult with an expert lawyer in Town & Country, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and determination to insist on the best possible recovery you are entitled to. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Town & Country, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a family member experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or thoughtlessness, you are upset and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, caring and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. No Matter if you no longer need medical treatment or have discovered that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a full financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Town & Country, MO today at or contact us online for a free case review.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other type of injury where someone else broke the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and principled spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get a maximum recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Town & Country, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case at once and we do not let up until you receive a full recovery. We manage each every aspect of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s well being after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is injured, it can have an extreme effect on your faculty to execute basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law now at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, talent and experience to make certain you are completely compensated for the catastrophic effect you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury happens when you lose total feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord transpired. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you keep some measure of feeling and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and special equipment for months, years or maybe even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Town & Country, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the effects of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was reckless and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in Town & Country, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and insist on a full financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be devastating to you or your family member as basic daily activities like using a phone are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may require someone else's help for mobility.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a huge effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also inhibit the muscles that permit us to breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at heightened risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The catastrophic and complete consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, demand that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you also get complete compensation for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use deceptive tricks to swindle you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your case and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or dangerous behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to be awarded compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in Town & Country, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a complimentary consultation to find out what you can recover. Our talented and accomplished lawyers begin working on your case right away to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a variety of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be responsible for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member received a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Town & Country, MO at for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case immediately. We will collect all necessary evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto crash experts to prove precisely how your spinal cord injury occurred and precisely how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are because of a fall of some kind. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or manager of a property is required to keep their property reasonably safe. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be liable are:
- Slippery floors when there is no "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are to blame for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Town & Country, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding negligent property managers liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We collect great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not correctly supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the empathetic and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not concern the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned properly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly while they are receiving urgent care, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every kind of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Town & Country and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your medical professionals neglected to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a responsibility to make certain that their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the consumer. When they are careless and you sustain a spinal cord injury after using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Town & Country, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to auto crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to properly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An accomplished and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Town & Country, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to ensure you receive the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause harm to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Town & Country, MO work site was hazardous. Generally speaking, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Town & Country, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats a task – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is tough to prove precisely when or why you sustained your injury. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the first sign of symptoms, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you receive and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability claims in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every category of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property owner is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you are owed.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third highest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if somebody shoots or harms you intentionally, that is a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will typically order them to compensate you. If they are not found guilty or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Town & Country, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who was intoxicated while handling the gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and scared. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Town & Country, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the full compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and savvy. At Burger Law we fight relentlessly to make sure you get the complete recovery you deserve in order to help you become again. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will have to pay for medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can severely impede your ability to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and injured you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Town & Country, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to work out the exact dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will find out exactly how often they need to be replaced and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless behavior. Our Town & Country, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to compute, and essentially refer to the consequences your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature passed Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and understands that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic effect your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Town & Country, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that confusion can be compounded after your life has been disrupted by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Town & Country, MO will give you and your case the genuine and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Town & Country, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the full compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Town & Country, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you collect the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are standing up to a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case immediately.