Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Webb City, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Webb City, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer to fight for you. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to speak to an expert lawyer in Webb City, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Webb City, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating ramifications in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or a loved one sustained an injury because of somebody else's irresponsible behavior or thoughtlessness, you are outraged and you may be unsure of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you heal. Our team of devoted, kindhearted and seasoned spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are enduring and will vigorously insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a loved one may be in need of lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a maximum financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Webb City, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else broke the rules and injured you, you require the knowledgeable and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have more than 20 years of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients get over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Webb City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we begin working on your case immediately and we do not give up until you collect a great recovery. We oversee every every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to run, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord lets the brain know. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive impact on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the knowledge, savvy and experience to make certain you recover great compensation for the catastrophic impact you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the location where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury happens when you are able to retain some degree of feeling and motion below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of resulting in complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not adequate to truly help you recover. Depending on how serious your injury is, you may require medical care and special equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our assertive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Webb City, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary consultation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and vital part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because another person acted negligently and disregarded the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Webb City, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a full financial recovery. Some of the catastrophic effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily activities like combing your hair are no longer doable. You may have to hire a live-in nurse and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, impeding your mobility and ability to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or someone you care about no longer has feeling on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is impeded by a spinal cord injury, you could develop low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal effect on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total impact a spinal cord injury can have on your life is precisely why it is essential to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party responsible for your injury, demand that all past and future medical expenses are paid for and that you also get maximum compensation for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We stand up to bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you are entitled to. It is vital to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Occasionally spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Based on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to receive compensation from the at-fault party by filing a personal injury claim in Webb City, MO. If you think you or a loved one deserves financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law today for a free consultation to find out what you can recover. Our knowledgeable and seasoned lawyers get to work on your case at once to get you all the compensation you are entitled to.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person to blame for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may disregard the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Webb City, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case right away. We will collect all necessary evidence, including conducting official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, acquiring surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work with a network of auto crash experts to show precisely how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents occur when a dangerous condition such as a slippery surface or object leads you to lose your balance and fall, which can result in spinal cord injuries. Over 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are due to a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law called Premises Liability. The proprietor or operator of a property must keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no "wet floor" signage
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not adequately address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Webb City, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will know how to hold a irresponsible property operator accountable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the difficult cases. We secure great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give us adequate care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you care which is below the medical industry's standard, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly monitoring you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery is not related to the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor spinal cord injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not treated in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies are afraid of us because they know we are the Webb City and Missouri law firm that will take on and win the hard cases and that we demand full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the sincere attention and care your doctor failed to offer you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given plainly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you suffer a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Webb City, MO to hold them responsible. There are many products that can result in spinal cord injuries:
- Motor Vehicle parts, such as malfunctioning brakes, that lead to car crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, did not issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An veteran and savvy spinal cord injuries lawyer in Webb City, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work tirelessly to make certain that you collect the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries lead to harm to the spinal cord. If you experience a spinal cord injury at work, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Webb City, MO work circumstances were hazardous. Typically, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different manners:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the harm to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for instance if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these types of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to ensure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide an adequately safe work environment in Webb City, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body degenerates over time. These can be complicated cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury was incurred. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention the instance symptoms emerge, and to contact a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you are harmed because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is accomplished in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every variety of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every pertinent law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third largest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you purposefully, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a prosecutor will often order them to compensate you. If they are not convicted or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Webb City, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (for example not correctly handling the gun) or behaved dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare cases, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are probably feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and compassionate Webb City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who knows what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the maximum compensation you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you receive for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the impact the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical expenses and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s talent and savvy. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the maximum recovery you deserve in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical costs and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly impede your ability to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments alongside medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often staggering.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who sustains a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the gravity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone bear it because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Webb City, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to calculate the exact dollar amount you deserve because of your medical bills, inability to work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of another person'sthoughtless behavior. Our Webb City, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works tirelessly on your suit so you do not have to. We ensure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to compute, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your capacity to find enjoyment from life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor put into law Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and understands that you need and deserve full compensation for the devastating consequences your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Webb City, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complex, and that confusion can be exacerbated after your life has been turned upside down by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Webb City, MO will give you and your case the sincere and passionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Webb City, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial abilities to get you the recovery you are owed. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Webb City, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the complete recovery you need to recover, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free consultation, or call us at so we can get started on your case immediately.