Start on Your Road to recovery today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Wentzville, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Wentzville, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Wentzville, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, skill and determination to demand the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law right away.
Wentzville, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have disastrous consequences in your life and the life of your loved ones. If you or someone you care about sustained an injury because of somebody else's negligence or carelessness, you are angry and you may be uncertain of what to do and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of dedicated, caring and experienced spinal cord injury attorneys know the pain you are feeling and will aggressively demand your recovery until you get the compensation you deserve. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may be in need of lifelong care due to permanent disabilities, you are entitled to a great financial recovery to help protect you and your family’s future and help you recover. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Wentzville, MO today at (314) 500-HURT or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person did not respect the rules and hurt you, you need the expert and trustworthy spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and demand that you get a complete recovery. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients receive over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. We charge no fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Wentzville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case immediately and we do not rest until you collect a complete recovery. We handle every every facet of your spinal cord injury suit including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages might be worth.
Back and Neck Injury Lawyers in St Louis
Click to view video
Why It's Important to Seek Medical Care After an Auto Accident
Click to view video
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord behaves like a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If your feet are cold, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive effect on your faculty to perform basic daily tasks, not to mention the repercussions it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is imperative to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law immediately at (314) 500-HURT if you experience a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, talent and experience to ensure you collect the best possible compensation for the catastrophic effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The gravity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the spot where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you maintain some amount of sensation and motion below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to find emergency medical care immediately:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But only getting emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to truly help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may necessitate medical care and assistive devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our aggressive spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you maximum compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to protect you and your family’s future. Do not hesitate; call our Wentzville, MO personal injury law firm today at (314) 500-HURT for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the unique and essential part spinal cords play in our bodies, the repercussions of a spinal cord injury can be severe. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a skilled and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Wentzville, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a maximum financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your loved one as basic daily activities like getting dressed are no longer achievable. You may have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be constricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is hindered by a spinal cord injury, it could lead to low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a colossal impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that allow us to breathe, meaning you may need a respirator either temporarily or permanently and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional havoc the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who use misleading tricks to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can get to work on your claim and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the negligent party by filing a personal injury claim in Wentzville, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, get in touch with Burger Law right away for a free case review to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case immediately to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you might have a claim and we can hold another party responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Motor vehicle wrecks make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a wide range of situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, for instance:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as applying makeup or shaving
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member sustained a spinal cord injury in a auto wreck, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Wentzville, MO at (314) 500-HURT for a free consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim straight away. We will collect all relevant evidence, including making official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance footage of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of car collision experts to demonstrate exactly how your spinal cord injury happened and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents transpire when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are caused by a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property is legally bound to maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of typical slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery surfaces when there is no warning signage
- Broken, damaged or badly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property owners are liable for injuries when they did not “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to indicate that a property owner’s negligence led to your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will establish three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not properly address the dangerous condition.
If you or family member has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Wentzville, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners liable. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We get great results and maximum compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We have faith in doctors and healthcare professionals to give us sufficient care and follow all the rules when we when an unfortunate illness or injury occurs. Sometimes they do not respect those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an incorrect diagnosis or not correctly observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the trustworthy and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a correct position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could worsen a spinal cord injury and result in paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can cause an epidural hematoma, which can lead to lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is misdiagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and feeling.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over twenty years of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Wentzville and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the difficult cases and that we insist on maximum compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the heartfelt attention and care your doctor failed to show you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated plainly to the customer. When they are careless and you suffer a spinal cord injury while you were using a dangerous product, you need the accomplished Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Wentzville, MO to hold them accountable. There are a lot of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as defective brakes, that lead to motor vehicle crashes
- Medical devices
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Malfunctioning firearms or other weapons
When a company did not adequately test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, failed to issue a recall or otherwise failed to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An experienced and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in Wentzville, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to make sure you are awarded the best possible recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries involve harm to the spinal cord. If you sustain a spinal cord injury while on the job, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Wentzville, MO work site was dangerous. In general, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the injury to the spinal cord occurs immediately, for example if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, such as construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a greater risk of these kinds of injuries. Your employer has a duty to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Wentzville, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them to blame for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker repeats an activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be tough cases to win because it is hard to prove when or why exactly the injury happened. That is why it is essential to seek medical attention at the onset of symptoms, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer as soon as possible to understand your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and skilled doctors and medical professionals we work alongside who will help us prove your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer sends you to an off-location site where you are hurt because of the property operator's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property operator is liable for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, particularly gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or harms you on purpose, they have committed a crime, and if they are found guilty, a court will usually order them to pay you damages. If they are not convicted or do not want to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Wentzville, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or reckless (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare instances, you may have a case against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are doubtlessly feeling vulnerable and anxious. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Wentzville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are experiencing and will stand by your side until you get the full compensation you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will depend on the repercussions the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical bills and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s expertise and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the full recovery you are entitled to in order to help you recover. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages refers to all of the money you paid or will spend on medical bills and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously limit your faculty to move and complete basic activities. They also often necessitate exhaustive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, nearly a third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who receives a permanent spinal cord injury ranges between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unfathomable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and devoted spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Wentzville, MO work closely with economic and medical experts to compute the correct dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical costs, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sdangerous behavior. Our Wentzville, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights relentlessly on your case so you do not have to. We make certain the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are paid for by the liable party and that they provide you with compensation for any salary you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much tougher to asses, and essentially refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can collect in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally invested in you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the cataclysmic repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Wentzville, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
- Car Accident Attorney in Missouri
Call a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Today
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be confusing and complex, and that confusion can be multiplied after your life has been disrupted by a calamitous spinal cord injury. The committed and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Wentzville, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our Wentzville, MO law firm, we start working on your case straight away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a equitable settlement with the defendant for the maximum recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a judge and use our finely honed trial abilities to win you the recovery you are entitled to. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the Wentzville, MO area. We understand how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the full recovery you need to heal, whether we are negotiating with a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a complimentary case review, or call us at (314) 500-HURT so we can begin working on your case at once.