Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer West St. Louis County, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer in your corner. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to an expert lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO and discuss your claim for free. Our team of veteran spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and determination to demand the best possible recovery you deserve. Do not hesitate. Call Burger Law now.
West St. Louis County, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have devastating repercussions in your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or someone you care about experienced an injury because of another person's negligence or carelessness, you are upset and you may be uncertain of what to do and who to turn to. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help make you whole again. Our team of devoted, compassionate and veteran spinal cord injury attorneys recognize the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you receive the compensation you deserve. Whether you have already finished your medical treatments or have discovered that you or a loved one may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you deserve a great financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and make you whole again. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in West St. Louis County, MO today at or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was caused by a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other kind of injury where another person did not respect the rules and injured you, you require the talented and honest spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight for you and insist that you get maximum compensation. We have more than two decades of experience standing up to bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients recover more than $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s West St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not give up until you collect a complete recovery. We oversee each every facet of your spinal cord injury claim including litigation, documentation and evidence gathering so that you can put your mind at ease and concentrate on your rehabilitation and your family’s health after your injury.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your damages could be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your legs and feet. If you have an itch, your spinal cord notifies your brain. When your spinal cord is harmed, it can have an extensive effect on your ability to carry out basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is vital to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today at if you sustain a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, savvy and experience to ensure you receive complete compensation for the disastrous effect you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are categorized as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose all feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord occurred. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury means that you still have some measure of feeling and movement below the injury. An injury higher on the spinal cord can cause paralysis or loss of sensation to almost your entire body and affect all four of your limbs.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the symptoms listed below, you need to seek emergency medical treatment right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But merely receiving emergency medical treatment is not sufficient to really help you recover. Depending on how grave your injury is, you may need medical care and assistive equipment for months, years or even the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will insist on winning you full compensation to make certain your healing and recovery is accounted for financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our West St. Louis County, MO personal injury law firm today at for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and essential role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be catastrophic. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else was negligent and did not respect the rules, you need a savvy and accomplished spinal cord injuries lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO like those at Burger Law to fight by your side and demand a complete financial recovery. Some of the disastrous effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Extremity Function. Depending on the location and seriousness of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like eating and drinking are no longer achievable. You might have to hire someone to care for you at home and may have to depend on someone else to get around.
- Loss of Lower Limb Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make activities like jogging, climbing or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be confined to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and faculty to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a family member no longer has feeling on certain areas of their skin, they will be greatly in danger of, bedsores or other dangerous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even life threatening hypertension.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury makes you susceptible to loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has a great impact on your daily life but can result in dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also affect the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total effect a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to contact the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the liable party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional devastation the injury has had on the life of you and your loved ones. We take on bullies like insurance companies who try to cheat you to swindle you out of the money you are owed. It is imperative to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can beging working on your claim and fight to safeguard you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Many, but not all, spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless behavior. Depending on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to recover compensation from the liable party by filing a personal injury claim in West St. Louis County, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, contact Burger Law today for a complimentary case evaluation to see what you can recover. Our talented and veteran lawyers get to work on your case right away to get you the entire compensation you deserve.
Listed Below are some of the most common cases in which you could have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and win you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are many situations where a driver may not respect the rules of the road and would be to blame for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, such as:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise using their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as combing their hair
- Focused on a conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal correctly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or someone you care about experienced a spinal cord injury in a car crash, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in West St. Louis County, MO at for a free case review. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we begin working on your case immediately. We will gather all necessary evidence, including taking official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, acquiring police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the wreck and even reviewing the irresponsible driver’s cell phone records. We use a network of car accident experts to show exactly how your spinal cord injury was incurred and exactly how profound your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents happen when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object causes you to lose your stability and fall, which can lead to spinal cord injuries. More than 32 percent of spinal cord injuries are the result of a fall of some type. Slip and fall injuries are usually covered under a law referred to as Premises Liability. The owner or operator of a property has to keep their property reasonably safe. Examples of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be responsible are:
- Wet floors without "wet floor" signs
- Broken, damaged or incorrectly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Poor lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property operators are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not repair the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has experienced a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the West St. Louis County, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer have experience holding careless property owners responsible. We have over two decades of experience fighting, proving and winning the tough cases. We secure great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with the right care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they break those rules and give you substandard care, such as missing a diagnosis or not properly observing you during surgery. When that transpires, you need the compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor accountable. Common types of medical malpractice that could result in spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery does not have to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is positioned correctly. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one carried out to addressed a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Incorrect administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can result in lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not care for in time, or if a patient is moved incorrectly during their emergency room visit, permanent spinal cord injuries can occur.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can lead to lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are notoriously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have more than twenty years of experience with every variety of spinal cord injury lawsuit. Resistant insurance companies dread our law firm because they know we are the West St. Louis County and Missouri law firm that will take up and win the tough cases and that we insist on full compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your medical professionals failed to provide for you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are communicated understandably to the buyer. When they are reckless and you experience a spinal cord injury when using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in West St. Louis County, MO to hold them responsible. There are a number of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Automobile parts, such as faulty brakes, that lead to auto accidents
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter drugs
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports equipment
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company did not insufficiently test a product, approved a product with an inherent fault, did not issue a recall or otherwise neglected to establish the safety of their product, they need to pay for breaking the rules. An seasoned and skilled spinal cord injuries lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work around the clock to make certain that you collect the full recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you receive a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your West St. Louis County, MO work site was unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord occurs in one moment, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work environments, like construction sites or warehouses, place employees at a higher risk of these sorts of injuries. Your employer is legally bound to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees undergo adequate safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in West St. Louis County, MO, you can count on Burger Law to hold them responsible for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when a worker carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be hard cases to win because it is hard to prove precisely when or why the injury occurred. That is why it is important to seek medical attention the instance symptoms arise, and to get in touch with a spinal cord injuries lawyer right away to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of committed and talented doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your suit and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer has you go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property manager's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is experienced with both workers’ compensation and premises liability cases in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be sure that when an employer or property manager is responsible for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, in particular gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if an individual shoots or hurts you on purpose, that is a crime, and if they are criminally convicted, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or refuse to pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in West St. Louis County, MO.
If you are injured in an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by someone who was negligent (such as not properly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you might be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been harmed because someone else broke the rules and was violent towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and afraid. That is why you need a trustworthy and caring West St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are going through and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you deserve.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you collect for your spinal cord injury will be based on on the consequences the injury has had and will have on your life, the cost of your medical care and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight aggressively to make sure you get the complete recovery you are entitled to in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you paid or will spend on medical expenses and all of the wages you lost or will lose because you were not or are not able to work as a consequence of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can seriously limit your faculty to move and carry out basic activities. They also often necessitate extensive hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and assistive devices. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury are often massive.
Since 2015, about 30 percent of patients with spinal cord injuries require re-hospitalization at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who experiences a permanent spinal cord injury is usually between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an incredible financial burden for anyone to carry, let alone carry it because somebody else broke the rules and hurt you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our effective and committed spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in West St. Louis County, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to quantify the correct dollar amount you are entitled to because of your medical expenses, time off work and all other damages. If you will need a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will calculate exactly how often you will need a new one and how much they will cost. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless behavior. Our West St. Louis County, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer works hard on your suit so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the liable party and that they give you compensation for any pay you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much harder to quantify, and basically refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri's governor signed Senate Bill 239, which sets a "cap" on the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can receive in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally devoted to you becoming whole again and knows that you need and deserve maximum compensation for the devastating repercussions your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The West St. Louis County, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
- Survival Action Lawyer in Missouri
- Truck Crash Lawyers in Missouri
- Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Missouri
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be baffling and complicated, and that bewilderment can be aggravated after your life has been turned upside down by a devastating spinal cord injury. The devoted and experienced spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in West St. Louis County, MO will give you and your case the sincere and impassioned representation you deserve. Once you hire our West St. Louis County, MO law firm, we get to work on on your case right away, and we handle all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a just settlement with the defendant for the complete compensation you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight in front of a jury and use our finely sharpened trial abilities to win you the recovery you deserve. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
Burger Law is the highest and best rated spinal cord injury law firm in the West St. Louis County, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and demand that you receive the maximum recovery you need to recover, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or appealing to a jury in court. contact us online for a free case evaluation, or call us at so we can get started on your case right away.