Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Willard, MO
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer in Willard, MO. When a spinal cord injury alters your life forever, you need a great spinal cord injuries lawyer on your side. Call Burger Law today at or contact us online now to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer in Willard, MO and discuss your case for free. Our team of accomplished spinal cord injury lawyers have the resources, knowledge and resolve to insist on the maximum recovery you deserve. Do not waste any time. Call Burger Law immediately.
Willard, MO Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Spinal cord injuries are the leading cause of paralysis in the United States and can have a catastrophic impact on your life and the life of the people you care about. If you or a loved one received an injury because of somebody else's negligence or recklessness, you are angry and it can be hard to know how to proceed and who can help you. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is here to help you recover. Our team of committed, compassionate and accomplished spinal cord injury attorneys understand the pain you are enduring and will aggressively insist on your recovery until you get the compensation you are owed. Regardless of if you no longer need medical treatment or have learned that you or a family member may need lifelong care due to lasting disabilities, you are entitled to a full financial recovery to help safeguard you and your family’s future and help you heal. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Willard, MO today at or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
If your spinal cord injury was the outcome of a car accident, slip and fall, medical malpractice or other category of injury where someone else disregarded the rules and harmed you, you need the accomplished and dependable spinal cord injuries lawyer of Burger Law to fight on your behalf and insist that you get full compensation. We have over two decades of experience fighting back against bullies like resistant insurance companies in spinal cord injury cases and have helped our clients collect over $170 million dollars in verdicts and settlements. You do not owe us any fees until we win your case. When you hire Burger Law’s Willard, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer we get to work on your case straight away and we do not let up until you are awarded a full recovery. We handle all every part of your spinal cord injury case including litigation, documentation and evidence collecting so that you can put your mind at ease and focus on your recovery and your family’s health after your accident.
If you have a spinal cord injury because of somebody else's negligence or reckless behavior, use our personal injury calculator to see how much your injury may be worth.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Your spinal cord functions as a messenger between the brain and the rest of your body. When you want to go up some stairs, your spinal cord sends the message from your brain to your lower body. If you touch something that is too hot, your spinal cord alerts your brain. When your spinal cord is damaged, it can have an extensive effect on your capacity to accomplish basic daily tasks, not to mention the ramifications it have on your work, social life and emotional well-being. That is why it is essential to call the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law right away at if you receive a spinal cord injury in an accident. We have the expertise, skill and experience to make certain you recover great compensation for the devastating impact you or your family member's spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The severity of spinal cord injuries are referred to as the injury’s “completeness”. A “complete” spinal cord injury means that you lose complete feeling and movement below the place where the injury to your spinal cord happened. An “incomplete” spinal cord injury occurs when you keep some measure of sensation and movement below the injury. The higher the injury on your spinal cord, the more of your body it affects and has a higher chance of causing complete paralysis.
If you have been in an accident and have any of the following symptoms, you need to seek emergency medical care right away:
- Paralysis, weakness or uncoordinated movement in any part of your body
- Loss of or impaired sensation, such as the ability to feel heat, cold and touch
- Extreme pain or pressure in your back or head
- Numbness or tingling in your legs, arms, hands or feet
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bladder control
- A twisted back
But just getting emergency medical treatment is not enough to really help you recover. Depending on how severe your injury is, you may require medical care and special devices for months, years or possibly the rest of your life. At Burger Law, our tenacious spinal cord injuries lawyer will demand that you receive full compensation to make sure your healing and recovery is taken care of financially. You can trust us to safeguard you and your family’s future. Do not delay; call our Willard, MO personal injury law firm today at for a complimentary case review.
Why You Need a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer
Because of the special and important role spinal cords play in our bodies, the impact of a spinal cord injury can be grave. If you have a spinal cord injury because somebody else acted recklessly and broke the rules, you need a talented and seasoned spinal cord injuries lawyer in Willard, MO like those at Burger Law to stand by your side and demand a great financial recovery. Some of the devastating effects of a spinal cord injury are:
- Loss of Upper Limb Function. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, you may lose partial or complete function of your arms and upper body. This can be unfathomably hard on you or your family member as basic daily tasks like writing are no longer possible. You might have to hire a care provider and may require someone else's help to get around.
- Loss of Lower Extremity Function. Loss of leg and lower body functions can make tasks like jogging, going up the stairs or even walking difficult or impossible. You may be restricted to a wheelchair, hindering your mobility and capacity to do things like drive.
- Skin. If you or a loved one no longer has sensation on parts of their skin, they will be highly susceptible to, pressure ulcers or other hazardous skin conditions.
- Blood-flow. If your blood flow is disrupted by a spinal cord injury, it could cause low blood pressure, dangerous blood clots or even a life threatening rise in blood pressure.
- Loss of Bladder and Bowel Control. Your spinal cord injury puts you in danger of loss of control of your bladder and bowel movements, which not only has an immense impact on your daily life but can lead to dangerous complications or infections.
- Respiratory Difficulty. Higher level spinal cord injuries can also have an effect on the muscles that let us breathe, meaning you may have to be temporarily or permanently placed on a respirator and are at greater risk for pneumonia and other infections.
The terrible and total consequences a spinal cord injury can have on your life is specifically why it is key to reach out to the spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law today. We will hold the at-fault party accountable for your injury, insist that all past and future medical costs are paid for and that you are also fully compensated for the emotional trauma the injury has had on the life of you and your family. We fight back against bullies like insurance companies who try to trick you to defraud you out of the money you deserve. It is essential to hire the right law firm, and the sooner you hire Burger Law the sooner our spinal cord injury lawyers can start working on your lawsuit and fight to protect you and your family’s future.
How Can a Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer Help Determine Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Sometimes spinal cord injuries are caused by another person’s negligence or thoughtless actions. Based on the situation surrounding your injury, you may be able to collect compensation from the irresponsible party by filing a personal injury claim in Willard, MO. If you think you or a loved one is entitled to financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, reach out to Burger Law today for a free case evaluation to find out what you can recover. Our skilled and seasoned lawyers begin working on your case at once to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
The Following are some of the most common cases in which you may have a claim and we can hold another person responsible for your spinal cord injuries and get you maximum compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Car Accidents
Auto collisions make up about 38 percent of spinal cord injuries. There are a number of situations where a driver may break the rules of the road and would be liable for your injuries:
- Drunk driving
- Impaired driving due to drugs
- Driving while tired
- Distracted driving, some examples include:
- Looking at directions
- Texting or otherwise being on their phone while driving
- Personal grooming, such as putting on clothes
- Having a lively conversation with a passenger
- Failure to signal properly
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
If you or a family member experienced a spinal cord injury in a car accident, call our spinal cord injuries lawyers in Willard, MO at for a complimentary consultation. When you hire a spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law, we start working on your claim immediately. We will collect all necessary evidence, including recording official statements and depositions from eye witnesses, obtaining police reports, obtaining surveillance video of the crash and even reviewing the negligent driver’s cell phone records. We work alongside a network of auto collision experts to prove exactly how your spinal cord injury transpired and exactly how extensive your damages are.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents take place when a dangerous condition such as a hazardous surface or object leads you to lose your footing and fall, which can cause spinal cord injuries. Almost a third of spinal cord injuries are owing to a fall of some sort. Slip and fall injuries are commonly covered under a law known as Premises Liability. The proprietor or manager of a property must maintain a reasonable level of safety on their property. Instances of common slip and fall cases where the property owner or manager may be found negligent are:
- Slippery floors when there is no warning signs
- Broken, damaged or improperly constructed buildings
- Stray cords or wiring
- Inadequate lighting
- Objects not being placed where they should be
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.348, property managers are liable for injuries when they failed to “guard or warn against a dangerous condition.” In order to show that a property owner’s negligence resulted in your slip and fall spinal cord injuries, your spinal cord injuries lawyer will demonstrate three things:
- That the property was not reasonably safe
- That the property owner was aware of, or should have been aware of, the dangerous condition; and
- That the property owner did not fix the dangerous condition, warn of its existence or that the attempted solution did not sufficiently address the dangerous condition.
If you or someone you care about has received a spinal cord injury in a slip and fall accident in the Willard, MO area or anywhere in Missouri, your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will understand how to hold a careless property operator accountable. We have over twenty years of experience fighting, proving and winning the hard cases. We get great results and full compensation for our spinal cord injury clients.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Medical Malpractice
We depend on doctors and healthcare professionals to provide us with proper care and follow all the rules when we are at our most vulnerable. Sometimes they disregard those rules and give you substandard care, such as giving you an improper diagnosis or not sufficiently supervising you during surgery. When that occurs, you need the trustworthy and skilled spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law to hold the negligent doctor responsible. Common types of medical malpractice that could cause spinal cord injuries are:
- Surgery. Even if the surgery has nothing to do with the spine, a surgical team still has to make sure your body is in a proper position. Sometimes a botched surgery, even one conducted to correct a relatively minor back injury, could exacerbate a spinal cord injury and cause paralysis.
- Anesthesia. Improper administration of anesthesia can result in an epidural hematoma, which can cause lifelong spinal cord injuries.
- Emergency Room. If a spinal cord injury is incorrectly diagnosed and not addressed in time, or if a patient is moved improperly during their emergency room stay, permanent spinal cord injuries can be incurred.
- Failing to Diagnose a Spinal Tumor. Spinal nerves can become compressed under spinal tumors, which can cause lifelong nerve damage and loss of movement and sensation.
While medical malpractice cases are infamously toughto win, the spinal cord injury attorneys at Burger Law have over two decades of experience with every type of spinal cord injury case. Resistant insurance companies fear us because we are known as the Willard and Missouri law firm that will fight and win the complex cases and that we insist on great compensation for our clients. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer will give you the genuine attention and care your doctor failed to give you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Product Liability
Manufacturers have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and that any safety instructions are given clearly to the buyer. When they are reckless and you receive a spinal cord injury by using a dangerous product, you need the knowledgeable Burger Law spinal cord injury attorneys in Willard, MO to hold them accountable. There are a variety of products that can lead to spinal cord injuries:
- Car parts, such as defective brakes, that result in motor vehicle crashes
- Medical equipment
- Prescribed or over-the-counter medicine
- Playground equipment
- Heavy machinery
- Sports gear
- Faulty firearms or other weapons
When a company failed to correctly test a product, approved an inherently flawed design, neglected to issue a recall or otherwise did not guarantee the safety of their product, they need to be held responsible. An seasoned and talented spinal cord injuries lawyer in Willard, MO like the ones at Burger Law will work relentlessly to ensure you are awarded the maximum recovery a negligent company owes you.
Spinal Cord Injuries from An Employer
12 percent of workplace injuries cause injury to the spinal cord. If you incur a spinal cord injury while on the clock, you may be able to file a Missouri workers’ compensation claim or third party claim against your employer if your Willard, MO work circumstances were unsafe. For the most part, spinal cord injuries at work are caused in two different ways:
- Acute Injuries. This is an injury where the damage to the spinal cord happens suddenly, such as if you fall or if something falls on you. More dangerous work sites, for example construction sites or warehouses, put employees at a higher risk of these varieties of injuries. Your employer has a responsibility to make sure the workplace and all equipment is safe and that all employees receive sufficient safety training. If your employer breaks the rules and does not provide a sufficiently safe work environment in Willard, MO, you can depend on Burger Law to hold them liable for your spinal cord injury.
- Repetitive Stress Damage. This happens when an employee carries out a repetitive activity – such as lifting a heavy object – and the body becomes injured over time. These can be difficult cases to win because it is difficult to prove when or why exactly you experienced your injury. That is why it is always the best idea to seek medical attention the moment symptoms appear, and to reach out to a spinal cord injuries lawyer immediately to hear your options. At Burger Law, we have a network of dedicated and experienced doctors and medical professionals we work with who will help us win your case and get you the expert medical care you need.
If your employer tells you to go to an off-location site where you experience and injury because of the property owner's negligence, you need a spinal cord injuries lawyer who is well-versed in both workers’ compensation and premises liability laws in Missouri. The Burger Law spinal cord injury lawyers have seen and won every type of personal injury case. You can be confident that when an employer or property owner is to blame for your spinal cord injury, our spinal cord injury attorneys will use every applicable law to hold them accountable and maximize your compensation.
Spinal Cord Injuries from Gunshot Wounds or Other Violence
Acts of violence, especially gun shots, are the third biggest cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States. Obviously, if another person shoots or injured you willfully, they have committed a crime, and if they are criminally charged, a prosecutor will typically order them to pay you damages. If they are not charged or will not pay, you may file a civil lawsuit with the help of our personal injury lawyers in Willard, MO.
In the event of an accidental shooting, you have a case if you were shot by another person who was negligent (such as not correctly handling the gun) or acted dangerously (such as someone who drank heavily before handling a gun). In rare circumstances, you may be able to file a suit against a gun manufacturer for product liability. If you have been hurt because someone else broke the rules and acted violently towards you, you are likely feeling vulnerable and frightened. That is why you need a trustworthy and empathetic Willard, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer who understands what you are undergoing and will stand next to you until you get the maximum recovery you are owed.
Below are some helpful links and frequently asked questions for hit and runs and other types of car accidents:
- What Compensation Will I Get for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- Who Is Liable for My Back, Neck and Spine Injuries?
- What If My Injuries Get Worse in the Future?
- Slip and Fall Premises Liability Cases
- Do I Need to Hire a Workers' Compensation Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim
What Compensation Will My Lawyer Be Able to Help Me Recover for My Spinal Cord Injuries?
The compensation you recover for your spinal cord injury will depend on the effect the injury has had and will have on your life, the price of your medical treatment and, among other things, your spinal cord injuries lawyer’s skills and ability. At Burger Law we fight tirelessly to win you the complete recovery you are owed in order to help you heal. The state of Missouri differentiates between two different types of damages that can be awarded in spinal cord injury cases:
Economic damages means all of the money you spent or will spend on medical treatments and all of the wages you lost or will lose as a result of not being able to work because of your injury. Spinal cord injuries can significantly inhibit your faculty to move and complete basic tasks. They also often necessitate considerable hospital and physical therapy appointments along with medication and special equipment. As such, the economic damages of a spinal cord injury can be staggering.
Since 2015, nearly one-third of people with spinal cord injuries need to be re-hospitalized at least once the following year, and the average hospital stay is eighteen days. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the estimated lifetime costs for a 25-year-old who suffers a permanent spinal cord injury varies between $1,724,594 and $5,162,152, depending on the severity of the injury. That is an unbelievable financial burden for anyone to pay, let alone pay because somebody else broke the rules and harmed you, especially if the injuries they caused severely lowers your future earning capacity.
Our successful and dedicated spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Willard, MO work closely alongside economic and medical experts to determine the correct dollar amount you deserve because of your medical costs, inability to work and all other damages. If you will require a wheelchair or walker for the rest of your life, we will work out exactly how often they need to be replaced and what those costs will be. You should not have to pay because of someone else’sthoughtless actions. Our Willard, MO spinal cord injuries lawyer fights tirelessly on your case so you do not have to. We make sure the cost of all your past and future medical expenses are covered by the at-fault party and that they provide you with compensation for any wages you lost and your loss of future earning potential.
Noneconomic damages are much more difficult to quantify, and fundamentally refer to the effect your spinal cord injury has on your ability to enjoy life. The state of Missouri defines noneconomic damages as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Unfortunately, in 2015 the Missouri state legislature approved Senate Bill 239, which limits the amount of noneconomic damages a plaintiff can recover in a medical malpractice case. Your Burger Law spinal cord injuries lawyer is personally committed to your healing and knows that you need and deserve the best possible compensation for the cataclysmic impact your spinal cord injury has had on your life.
The Willard, MO lawyers of Burger Law have the experience and knowledge to help you receive the full recovery you deserve after any accident or injury caused by someone else leaves you injured. Learn more about our fields of expertise below.
Spinal Cord Injuries Lawyer | Burger Law
The legal process can be flummoxing and difficult to understand, and that confusion can be aggravated after your life has been disrupted by a destructive spinal cord injury. The devoted and knowledgeable spinal cord injuries lawyer at Burger Law in Willard, MO will give you and your case the genuine and compassionate representation you deserve. Once you hire our Willard, MO law firm, we start working on your case immediately, and we manage all documentation, paperwork and litigation. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the defendant for the complete recovery you need to make you whole again for your spinal cord injuries, we will take the fight to trial and use our finely honed trial skills to make sure you are awarded the recovery you deserve. We do not charge any fees until we win your case. Call us today.
No other law firm rates higher or better than Burger Law in the Willard, MO area. We know how spinal cord injury cases work and insist on getting you the maximum recovery you need to heal, whether we are fighting back against a resistant insurance company or arguing in front of a jury in court. contact us online for a free case review, or call us at so we can begin working on your case at once.