Truck Accident Lawyer Bloomfield, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Bloomfield, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to take action. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you desire. Make headway toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Bloomfield, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of winning total compensation for our clients and holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Bloomfield, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Bloomfield, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are some actions our Bloomfield, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the placement of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Get your own statement from the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police reach the scene, give them your version of events and attempt to get the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Adhering to these few steps in the critical hours and days after your accident will assist in your physical recovery in addition to your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the heavy lifting to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Bloomfield, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Bloomfield, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Bloomfield, MO truck accident victims like you deserve a knowledgeable Bloomfield, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation every step of the way. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Bloomfield, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Bloomfield, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Bloomfield, MO truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop once they have exceeded that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Bloomfield, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability often comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Bloomfield, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Bloomfield, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Bloomfield, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Bloomfield, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Bloomfield, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Bloomfield, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Bloomfield, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Bloomfield, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Bloomfield, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading