Truck Accident Lawyer Boone County, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Boone County, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Boone County, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Boone County, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you desire. Take the first step toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of expert truck accident lawyers in the Boone County, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the difficult cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold a long record of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Boone County, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Boone County, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are some actions our Boone County, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and conditions of the surrounding road(s).
- Speak to the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police arrive to the site, explain what happened and have the truck driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Boone County, MO truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Adhering to these easy guidelines in the time immediately following your accident will make for a more successful physical recovery on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Boone County, MO that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Boone County, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
As a Boone County, MO truck accident victim, you deserve a dedicated Boone County, MO truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation every step of the way. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Boone County, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Boone County, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One condition that separates a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Boone County, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are required to stop and rest once they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Boone County, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Boone County, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Boone County, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Boone County, MO costs you dearly. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Boone County, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Boone County, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Boone County, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Boone County, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Boone County, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Boone County, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Boone County, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Boone County, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading