Truck Accident Lawyer Carbondale, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Carbondale, IL. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Carbondale, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. The first step towards winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Carbondale, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of talented truck accident lawyers in the Carbondale, IL area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have a long history of winning total compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial stability are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Carbondale, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Carbondale, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are certain steps our Carbondale, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Use your phone to take photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Carbondale, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the things that makes a truck accident case different from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries, and your Carbondale, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop after they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. While inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Carbondale, IL never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Carbondale, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability usually comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Carbondale, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Carbondale, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can leave you with high medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Carbondale, IL can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Carbondale, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Carbondale, IL, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Carbondale, IL, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Carbondale, IL, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Carbondale, IL with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Carbondale, IL, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Carbondale, IL right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading