Truck Accident Lawyer Centralia, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Centralia, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Centralia, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Centralia, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Centralia, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of securing maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Centralia, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Centralia, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are some actions our Centralia, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police arrive to the site, give them an account of the accident and have the truck driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, quickly find a Centralia, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Following these easy steps in the time immediately following the accident will make for a more successful recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Centralia, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Centralia, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Centralia, MO truck accident victims like you deserve a knowledgeable Centralia, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Centralia, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Centralia, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Centralia, MO truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have exceeded that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Centralia, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
With a skilled Centralia, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability often stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Centralia, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Centralia, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Centralia, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Centralia, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Centralia, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Centralia, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Centralia, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Centralia, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Centralia, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Centralia, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading