Truck Accident Lawyer Chesterfield, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Chesterfield, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of talented truck accident lawyers in the Chesterfield, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of securing maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your recovery, and your financial health are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Chesterfield, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Chesterfield, MO, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, these are some actions our Chesterfield, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police reach the scene, give them an account of the accident and attempt to get the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Following these easy steps in the time immediately following the accident will help your physical recovery on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in Chesterfield, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and our case record shows it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Chesterfield, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
As a Chesterfield, MO truck accident victim, you need and deserve a knowledgeable Chesterfield, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you from the beginning of your case to the end. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Chesterfield, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that makes a truck accident case different from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries, and your Chesterfield, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop once they have exceeded that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Chesterfield, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability usually stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Chesterfield, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can bring you expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Chesterfield, MO can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
As your Chesterfield, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Chesterfield, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Chesterfield, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Chesterfield, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Chesterfield, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading