Truck Accident Lawyer Columbia, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Columbia, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Columbia, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Columbia, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will relentlessly pursue your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Columbia, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold a long history of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Columbia, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Columbia, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are certain actions our Columbia, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Use your phone to take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Speak to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police have arrived, explain what happened and attempt to get the truck driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, quickly find a Columbia, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Adhering to these simple steps in the critical hours and days after the accident will help your recovery from your injuries in addition to your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, all hope is not lost if you did not have a chance to check all these items off of your list at the time of your truck crash. Burger Law’s truck accident team can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Columbia, MO that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Columbia, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and will not back down due to the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
Columbia, MO truck accident victims like you should have the support of a committed Columbia, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you choose our team of aggressive and dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Columbia, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Columbia, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the things that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your Columbia, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Columbia, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
With a skilled Columbia, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability often stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Columbia, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Columbia, MO costs you dearly. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with expensive medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Columbia, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Columbia, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Columbia, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Columbia, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Columbia, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Columbia, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Columbia, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Columbia, MO right away. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading