Truck Accident Lawyer Decatur, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Decatur, IL. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Decatur, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Decatur, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you need and deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of expert truck accident lawyers in the Decatur, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We take the difficult cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold a long record of winning total compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Decatur, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Decatur, IL, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are certain steps our Decatur, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the placement of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- Once the police are on site, give them your version of events and attempt to get the truck driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a Decatur, IL truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Following these few guidelines in the time immediately following your accident will help your recovery from your injuries in addition to your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Let us do the footwork. Burger Law is an excellent truck accident law firm in Decatur, IL that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and our case record shows it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Decatur, IL truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
As a Decatur, IL truck accident victim, you should have the support of a committed Decatur, IL truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Decatur, IL, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Decatur, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the things that separates a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and serious injuries, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Decatur, IL truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are required to stop and rest after they have reached that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. While inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Decatur, IL do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled Decatur, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability often comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Decatur, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Decatur, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can bring you expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Decatur, IL can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Decatur, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Decatur, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Decatur, IL, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Decatur, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Decatur, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Decatur, IL, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Decatur, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading