Truck Accident Lawyer Glen Carbon, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Glen Carbon, IL. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Glen Carbon, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Glen Carbon, IL truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of qualified truck accident lawyers in the Glen Carbon, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of winning total compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Glen Carbon, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Glen Carbon, IL, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, these are certain steps our Glen Carbon, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take photos of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Glen Carbon, IL truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the factors that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and your Glen Carbon, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Glen Carbon, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Glen Carbon, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Glen Carbon, IL costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Glen Carbon, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Glen Carbon, IL, we understand how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Glen Carbon, IL, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Glen Carbon, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Glen Carbon, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading