Truck Accident Lawyer Granite City, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Granite City, IL. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, Burger Law has the Granite City, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to take action. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Granite City, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you need and deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Granite City, IL area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have a long record of securing complete compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your recovery, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Granite City, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Granite City, IL, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, these are certain actions our Granite City, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Use your phone to take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and conditions of the surrounding road(s).
- Speak to the truck driver and any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their complete contact and driving information.
- Once the police reach the scene, give them an account of the accident and attempt to get the other driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, contact and hire a Granite City, IL truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Following these few guidelines in the time immediately after the accident will assist in your physical recovery on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Granite City, IL that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Granite City, IL truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
As a Granite City, IL truck accident victim, you should have the support of a committed Granite City, IL truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation every step of the way. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Granite City, IL, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Granite City, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your Granite City, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Granite City, IL do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
With a skilled Granite City, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability usually stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Granite City, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Granite City, IL costs you dearly. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can leave you with expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Granite City, IL will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Granite City, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Granite City, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Granite City, IL, rest assured that we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Granite City, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Granite City, IL with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Granite City, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Granite City, IL. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading