Truck Accident Lawyer Jacksonville, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Jacksonville, IL. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you desire. Take the first step toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of talented truck accident lawyers in the Jacksonville, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top legal representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold a long record of securing maximum compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial health are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Jacksonville, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Jacksonville, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, these are some actions our Jacksonville, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the placement of the vehicles, and surrounding conditions.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police have arrived, give them your version of events and attempt to get the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Adhering to these simple steps in the critical hours and days after the accident will make for a more successful recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Leave the heavy lifting to us. Burger Law is an excellent truck accident law firm in Jacksonville, IL that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Jacksonville, IL truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Jacksonville, IL truck accident victims like you need and deserve an experienced Jacksonville, IL truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation every step of the way. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Jacksonville, IL, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Jacksonville, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the factors that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the requisits that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your Jacksonville, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and must stop once they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Jacksonville, IL do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability often stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Jacksonville, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can bring you high medical bills, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Jacksonville, IL will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Jacksonville, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Jacksonville, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Jacksonville, IL, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, IL, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Jacksonville, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Jacksonville, IL. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading