Truck Accident Lawyer Jefferson County, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Jefferson County, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, Burger Law has the Jefferson County, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Jefferson County, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will relentlessly pursue your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Jefferson County, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have a long record of securing maximum compensation for our clients while holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your recovery, and your financial stability are our only priorities and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Jefferson County, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Jefferson County, MO, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, these are certain actions our Jefferson County, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Use your phone to take photos of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Jefferson County, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the things that separates a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and your Jefferson County, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have exceeded that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Jefferson County, MO do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Jefferson County, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Jefferson County, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Jefferson County, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Jefferson County, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Jefferson County, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Jefferson County, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Jefferson County, MO, rest assured that we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Jefferson County, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Jefferson County, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Jefferson County, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Jefferson County, MO right away. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading