Truck Accident Lawyer Kennet, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Kennet, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Kennet, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Kennet, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of qualified truck accident lawyers in the Kennet, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and still we have a long history of securing maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial stability are our only concern. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Kennet, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Kennet, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, these are some steps our Kennet, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and surrounding conditions.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their complete contact and driving information.
- Once the police arrive to the site, explain what happened and attempt to get the truck driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Kennet, MO truck accident lawyer to help you with your case.
Following these simple guidelines in the critical hours and days following the accident will assist in your physical recovery on top of your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, all hope is not lost if you did not have a chance to check all these items off of your list at the time of your truck crash. Burger Law’s truck accident team can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Leave the heavy lifting to us. Burger Law is an excellent truck accident law firm in Kennet, MO that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Kennet, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
Kennet, MO truck accident victims like you should have the support of an experienced Kennet, MO truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you every step of the way. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you choose our team of aggressive and dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Kennet, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Kennet, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that makes a truck accident case different from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can cause accidents and serious injuries, and your Kennet, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are required to stop and rest once they have exceeded that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Our truck accident lawyers in Kennet, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Kennet, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability often stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Kennet, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Kennet, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can bring you expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Kennet, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Kennet, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Kennet, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Kennet, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Kennet, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Kennet, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Kennet, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Kennet, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading