Truck Accident Lawyer Marshall, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Marshall, IL. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Marshall, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Marshall, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you desire. Make progress toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Marshall, IL area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the difficult cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of winning total compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your recovery, and your financial stability are our only priorities and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Marshall, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Marshall, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are some actions our Marshall, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Snap photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and conditions of the surrounding road(s).
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police have arrived, give them an account of the accident and have the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, contact and hire a Marshall, IL truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Following these easy steps in the time immediately following the accident will help your physical recovery in addition to your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Marshall, IL that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Marshall, IL truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and we not be bested by the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
As a Marshall, IL truck accident victim, you need and deserve an experienced Marshall, IL truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation every step of the way. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Marshall, IL, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Marshall, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the factors that distinguishes a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Marshall, IL truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are not allowed to continue driving after they have reached that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. While inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Marshall, IL do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Marshall, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Marshall, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Marshall, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can bring you expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Marshall, IL can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Marshall, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Marshall, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Marshall, IL, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Marshall, IL, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Marshall, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Marshall, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Marshall, IL right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading