Truck Accident Lawyer Martinsville, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Martinsville, IL. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Martinsville, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Martinsville, IL truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will relentlessly pursue your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you need and deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Martinsville, IL area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the difficult cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of winning maximum compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Martinsville, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Martinsville, IL, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are certain actions our Martinsville, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Martinsville, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One condition that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries, and your Martinsville, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Martinsville, IL do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Martinsville, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Martinsville, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Martinsville, IL truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can leave you with high medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Martinsville, IL can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Martinsville, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Martinsville, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Martinsville, IL, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Martinsville, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Martinsville, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Martinsville, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Martinsville, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading