Truck Accident Lawyer Owensville, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Owensville, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Owensville, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Owensville, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Owensville, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We take the difficult cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial stability are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Owensville, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Owensville, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are some actions our Owensville, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you get the medical care you need.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take photos of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Owensville, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the factors that makes a truck accident case different from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and your Owensville, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop once they have met that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Owensville, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
With a skilled Owensville, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Owensville, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Owensville, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can leave you with expensive medical costs, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Owensville, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Owensville, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Owensville, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Owensville, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Owensville, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Owensville, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Owensville, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Owensville, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading