Truck Accident Lawyer Pinckneyville, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Pinckneyville, IL. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you need a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. As a highly accomplished law firm with millions of dollars recovered for our past clients, Burger Law has the Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards success in your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of expert truck accident lawyers in the Pinckneyville, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of winning complete compensation for our clients and holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your recovery, and your financial health are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Pinckneyville, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Pinckneyville, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are some actions our Pinckneyville, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Get your own statement from the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police arrive to the site, give them your version of events and attempt to get the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, quickly find a Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyer to help you with your case.
Adhering to these easy guidelines in the critical hours and days after the accident will assist in your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the heavy lifting to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Pinckneyville, IL that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Pinckneyville, IL truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Pinckneyville, IL truck accident victims like you should have the support of a knowledgeable Pinckneyville, IL truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that is willing to fight for you every step of the way. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Pinckneyville, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the things that separates a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Pinckneyville, IL truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop after they have surpassed that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Our truck accident lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability often comes from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in Pinckneyville, IL costs you dearly. On top of the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can bring you expensive medical bills, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Pinckneyville, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Pinckneyville, IL, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Pinckneyville, IL, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Pinckneyville, IL, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Pinckneyville, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Pinckneyville, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Pinckneyville, IL. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading