Truck Accident Lawyer Portageville, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Portageville, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, Burger Law has the Portageville, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Portageville, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you desire. Make progress toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of expert truck accident lawyers in the Portageville, MO area are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of winning complete compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial stability are our only concern. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Portageville, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Portageville, MO, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, these are certain actions our Portageville, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Portageville, MO truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the factors that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can cause accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and your Portageville, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have exceeded that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Portageville, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
With a skilled Portageville, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. Their liability usually stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Portageville, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Portageville, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can bring you expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Portageville, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
As your Portageville, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Portageville, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Portageville, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Portageville, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Portageville, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Portageville, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Portageville, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading