Truck Accident Lawyer Robinson, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Robinson, IL. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Robinson, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Robinson, IL truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will work hard to secure your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of talented truck accident lawyers in the Robinson, IL area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal representation in your commercial truck accident case. We take the difficult cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold an excellent record of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental well-being, and your financial health are our only priorities and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Robinson, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Robinson, IL, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, these are some steps our Robinson, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Use your phone to take photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and surrounding conditions.
- Get your own statement from the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police reach the scene, give them an account of the accident and have the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After you are able to leave the scene of your truck accident, quickly find a Robinson, IL truck accident lawyer to help you with your case.
Adhering to these simple steps in the time immediately after the accident will help your recovery from your injuries in addition to your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Let us do the footwork. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Robinson, IL that fights for the full rights and recoveries of truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Robinson, IL truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Robinson, IL truck accident victims like you should have the support of a dedicated Robinson, IL truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you every step of the way. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Robinson, IL, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Robinson, IL truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the factors that makes a truck accident case different from a regular car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries, and your Robinson, IL truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are required to stop and rest once they have exceeded that limit.
- Owners of semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Robinson, IL never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Robinson, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Robinson, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Robinson, IL costs you dearly. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, your accident can leave you with high medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Robinson, IL can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Robinson, IL truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Robinson, IL, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Robinson, IL, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Robinson, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Robinson, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Robinson, IL, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Robinson, IL. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading