Truck Accident Lawyer Rolla, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Rolla, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. To recover and move forward in life following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Rolla, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to take action. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Rolla, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will relentlessly pursue your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you deserve. Take the first step toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of expert truck accident lawyers in the Rolla, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel your commercial truck accident case requires. We take the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and still we have a long history of winning total compensation for our clients while holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Rolla, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Rolla, MO, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, these are certain actions our Rolla, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Use your phone to take pictures of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Rolla, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the things that makes a truck accident case different from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and your Rolla, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are not allowed to continue driving after they have surpassed that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Rolla, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Rolla, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones become bald. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Rolla, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
Your Rolla, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can bring you expensive medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Rolla, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Rolla, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Rolla, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Rolla, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Rolla, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Rolla, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in Rolla, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Rolla, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading