Truck Accident Lawyer Shelbyville, IL
You’re hurt, your life has changed, and you need help. You didn’t ask to be hit by a tractor trailer, you didn’t ask to be injured, you didn’t ask to lose work, and you shouldn’t have to pay for those losses. You can fully recover from your truck accident in Shelbyville, however, that can be hard when you have an insurance company actively working against your recovery. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville aggressively fight for the rights of truck accident victims, and will pursue your claim to ensure that all of your needs and debts are satisfied.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys in Shelbyville have a proven track record of fighting for the rights of Shelbyville residents, and are prepared to fight your claim in court against the negligent parties. You deserve to fully recover from your injuries, regardless of what the insurance corporation or other individuals may say. Our Shelbyville Truck Wreck Lawyers are dedicated to your needs and your recovery, regardless of the cost.
Our team consists of serious, dedicated, and aggressive Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville. We will never accept less than the full amount that you need to recover, and we never charge our truck accident clients any fees unless we win their claims. Securing your health and your financial recovery is our only goal. When you’re ready to get the compensation and recovery you deserve, call or contact our team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville, IL now.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a Truck Accident? – Shelbyville Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Shelbyville, you’re suffering from injuries and you need help. Here are the steps our Shelbyville truck lawyers advise you take following an accident:
- If you are injured, call 911 immediately. Your health is the most important factor in any accident.
- If you are able, document everything you can. Take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, damages to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Try and get the other driver to admit they caused the accident. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get Information.
- When the police arrive on scene, give them an accurate report of how the events unfolded, and get an official report from them regarding the accident.
- If the other driver refuses to admit to the accident, then you will need the assistance of a truck accident lawyer in Shelbyville.
Following these steps immediately after a truck accident will help you protect your claim. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Burger Law is an incredibly talented Truck Accident Law Firm in Shelbyville that is dedicated to providing Shelbyville residents with exceptional legal counseling for their truck accidents. We will fight for you, and your recovery.
Your Truck Accident Case in Shelbyville requires an experienced and dedicated team. You didn’t ask for the accident or the injuries, so you shouldn’t have to pay for any of the rehabilitation that’s required to heal you. When you bring your case and your health to our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Our Lawyers won’t charge you any fees unless we win your truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
Federal and State Regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers must follow. Truck Drivers must log their miles, drive only a certain amount of time, and must thoroughly maintain their vehicles. Here are several regulations every truck driver has to follow:
- Truck Drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck Drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and must stop after they’ve reached that limit.
- Tractor Trailers and other Commercial Vehicles must be properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial Vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of more requirments that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck Drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road. The driver who caused your accident acted negligently, and if they broke one of the above rules we can find evidence that leads to that conclusions. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville use proven and effective methods to fight for our client’s rights, and we never settle for less than what our clients deserve. With our Truck Accident Law Firm, you will get 100% of your recovery.
Truck Accident Injuries – Truck Accident Lawyer Shelbyville, IL
Commercial Trucks can weigh anywhere from 30,000lbs to 80,000lbs. A car weighs 5,000lbs. This incredible different is what causes truck accidents to be so traumatic. When a Commercial Vehicle strikes a small car, the accident is always catastrohpic. Here are several types of injuries that our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville have helped fight for the recovery of:
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are caused by either abrupt force that shatters the bone, or an amount of weight or pressure that causes the bone to bend and break. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is caused when organs inside your body are pierced or ruptured due to force, and then release blood or other liquids into your body that can cause swelling and blood loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Whenever enough force or torque is applied to the spine, severe injuries can occur. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. Any damage to your spine can often result in serious injuries throughout other areas of the body.
- Death often occurs during commercial trucking accidents. Because of the massive amount of force that trucks have in their inertia, smaller personal cars can be destroyed in the event of an accident.
You aren’t responsible for the accident, and shouldn’t have to suffer because of it. You should not have to pay for injuries that you didn’t cause. Our Truck Accident Law Firm in Shelbyville, IL will hold the negligent driver responsible for the injuries they caused you and make sure that you get everything you deserve.
What Can I recover from my Truck Accident Claim?
A Truck Accident in Shelbyville can leave you with expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident. Under IL laws, you can and should pursue all losses you’ve taken on because of your injuries. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville can help you recover these items:
- You can recover the costs of any medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, and pharmaceutical expenses.
- If you missed work and lost wages, you can recover your lost wages.
- You are entitled to a full recovery of any attorneys fees, any court fees, and any fees related to those two.
- You can recover financially from the loss of any limbs or loss of use of the limbs.
You deserve to recover fully from any costs you incurred because of the accident. Remember, you’re injured, and you didn’t ask to be, so you shouldn’t have to deal with any of the costs associated with that injury. You shouldn’t have to fight to get the recovery you are owed, it should be given to you. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Shelbyville will see that you get every dime that you deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Shelbyville, IL
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the settlement. But the story of his demise and how we ensured all the many liens in […]Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a family dinner and proceeding northbound on Route 3 in Waterloo, Illinois. As they approached an intersection, […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading