Truck Accident Lawyer Sikeston, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Sikeston, MO. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. When you become the victim of a commercial truck accident, your life is thrown off track in a major way. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you through every step of your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to take action. The first step towards success in your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of expert truck accident lawyers in the Sikeston, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold a long history of securing total compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their actions. Your care, your recovery, and your financial stability are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Sikeston, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Sikeston, MO, you need to take several actions to ensure your recovery and health are protected. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are some actions our Sikeston, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you have a first responder examine your condition.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Get your own statement from the truck driver and any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- Once the police reach the scene, explain what happened and have the other driver admit to being responsible for the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Adhering to these few guidelines in the time immediately after the accident will make for a more successful recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, all hope is not lost if you did not have a chance to check all these items off of your list at the time of your truck crash. Burger Law’s truck accident team can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is an excellent truck accident law firm in Sikeston, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Sikeston, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and we not be bested by the insurance company’s tricks to avoid paying.
As a Sikeston, MO truck accident victim, you need and deserve a committed Sikeston, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that is willing to fight for you every step of the way. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Sikeston, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Sikeston, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the factors that separates a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by specific rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Sikeston, MO truck accident case. The following are a few of the primary rules for owning and operating trucks and other commercial vehicles:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they have driven.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and must stop after they have met that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are expected to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Sikeston, MO do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability usually stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Sikeston, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the trauma of experiencing such a jarring event, it can bring you expensive medical bills, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Sikeston, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- Coverage of your attorney fees and court costs
With a Burger Law Sikeston, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Sikeston, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Sikeston, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Sikeston, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Sikeston, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Sikeston, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Sikeston, MO. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the liable parties accountable and recover the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading