Truck Accident Lawyer Silex, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Silex, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the Silex, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Silex, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will fight for your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you desire. Make headway toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Silex, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tough cases that other law firms shy away from, and still we have a long history of winning total compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Silex, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Silex, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, there are certain actions our Silex, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and get the medical care you need.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Snap photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and conditions of the surrounding road(s).
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. For anyone you speak to, get any pertinent information including their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- Once the police arrive to the site, give them your version of events and have the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a Silex, MO truck accident lawyer you want on your case.
Adhering to these simple guidelines in the time immediately following the accident will assist in your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. You should always put your safety and the safety of your family first. Let us do the footwork. Burger Law is an excellent truck accident law firm in Silex, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Silex, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Silex, MO truck accident victims like you should have the support of a committed Silex, MO truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation every step of the way. You deserve the care and resources needed to heal as completely as possible from your truck accident injuries, regardless of the cost. When you hire Burger Law as your dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Silex, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. You won’t be required to pay our attorneys any fees unless we win your Silex, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
One of the factors that distinguishes a truck accident case from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Silex, MO truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have reached that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that the driver of the truck bears some measure of accountability in your truck accident, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Silex, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Silex, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. Some common driver conduct that contributes to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed. One example of this is replacing the tire tread when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your Silex, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Silex, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can bring you high medical costs, the inability to work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Silex, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Wages you have lost from your inability to perform your regular work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
With a Burger Law Silex, MO truck accident lawyer on your side, you can be confident that your attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Silex, MO, we understand how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Silex, MO, you know we will fight until we get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Silex, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Silex, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Silex, MO, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Silex, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the liable parties accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading