Truck Accident Lawyer Swiss, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Swiss, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it impossible to work or look after your family either temporarily or permanently, you deserve justice. If you hope to recover fully and successfully after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Swiss, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert Swiss, MO truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you need and deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of talented truck accident lawyers in the Swiss, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal representation in your commercial truck accident case. We take the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of securing maximum compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only concern and we don’t hold you accountable for any costs unless we win your claim.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Swiss, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Swiss, MO, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are some steps our Swiss, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Use your phone to take pictures of things like damage to your vehicle, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Swiss, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the factors that makes a truck accident case different from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations dictate the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and your Swiss, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are not allowed to continue driving once they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles must make sure to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove that they acted negligently. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Swiss, MO never settle for anything less than your full recovery and compensation. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your Swiss, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The truck owner – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, this truck owner could be at fault in some way. A truck owner’s liability often stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Swiss, MO truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Swiss, MO costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can bring you expensive medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Swiss, MO can help you recover these items:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future wages due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, such as general stress and trauma from the event
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Swiss, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will take the steps necessary to secure every type of damage, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in Swiss, MO, we understand how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Swiss, MO, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Swiss, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Swiss, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Swiss, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Swiss, MO. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading