Truck Accident Lawyer Town & Country, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Town & Country, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have a skilled truck accident lawyer representing your interests through every step of your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
One of the most important things a Missouri or Illinois truck accident victim can understand is how important it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of winning your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will fight for your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you deserve. Make progress toward winning your case by coming to us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our team of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Town & Country, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality representation in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of securing complete compensation for our clients while holding reckless truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental wellness, and your financial health are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – Town & Country, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the moments after a truck accident in Town & Country, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. Both for your physical well-being and your case outcome, there are some actions our Town & Country, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and have a first responder examine your condition.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Snap photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the locations of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver and any witnesses. Get their version of what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- Once the police are on site, give them your version of events and attempt to get the truck driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyer to help you with your case.
Following these few steps in the time immediately after the accident will help your recovery from your injuries in addition to your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you weren’t able to do all the items on the list because of the circumstances of the accident or the extent of your injuries, rest assured that we can help. Above all else, you should be concerned with your own safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Town & Country, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and has a proven record of doing just that. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s Town & Country, MO truck accident team will not rest until we negotiate a result you are happy with and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
Town & Country, MO truck accident victims like you deserve a dedicated Town & Country, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that is willing to provide fierce representation from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you choose our team of aggressive and dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Town & Country, MO, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your Town & Country, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Truck Driver Regulations
One of the things that distinguishes a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who may drive them, when and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the requisits that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can cause accidents and significant injuries, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your Town & Country, MO truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and are not allowed to continue driving after they have reached that limit.
- Individuals and companies that own semi trucks, trailers, and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate their vehicles with caution and restraint at all times, in addition to following the specific rules and regulations for commercial drivers. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in Town & Country, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Responsible
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Some of the driver’s actions may be, in part, the responsibility of the agency as well. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability often comes from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and replace parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Some truck accidents occur due to a truck tipping over or losing its load. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents are brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
A truck accident in Town & Country, MO costs you dearly. On top of the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can bring you expensive medical costs, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Town & Country, MO will work to get you compensation for:
- Medical bills and all costs related to medical treatment
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Town & Country, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Town & Country, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Town & Country, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Town & Country, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the care you need to recover physically and emotionally and finding the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in Town & Country, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Town & Country, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in Town & Country, MO. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Contact us at 314-542-222 or click here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading