Truck Accident Lawyer Troy, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer Troy, MO. Semi trucks are enormous, and the accidents they cause are enormously dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have affected your ability to work and care for your family, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you must have the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, Burger Law has the Troy, MO truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you fair and complete compensation for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to take action. The first step towards success in your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced Troy, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and will not rest until we obtain the outcome you desire. Make headway toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of accomplished truck accident lawyers in the Troy, MO area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best legal representation your commercial truck accident case requires. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have an excellent history of winning complete compensation for our clients and holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties accountable for their negligent behavior. Your care, your recovery, and your financial health are our only concern. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – Troy, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
In the minutes following a truck accident in Troy, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, there are certain actions our Troy, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. The first order of business is to tend to your physical health and safety. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Compile any documentation of the accident you can collect safely. Use your phone to take pictures of the damages to your vehicle, damage to the other vehicle, the placement of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- Speak to the truck driver and any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their name, address, and phone number and, for the driver, their driver’s license number and license plate number.
- After the police have arrived, give them your version of events and have the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, quickly find a Troy, MO truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Following these few guidelines in the critical hours and days following your accident will assist in your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by making your case easier to prove. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Let us do the footwork. Burger Law is an incredibly talented truck accident law firm in Troy, MO that is committed to obtaining maximum recoveries for our truck accident victims, and we have the track record to prove it. You can count on us to dedicate our full time and energy toward presenting your case and demanding fair compensation. As your law firm, Burger Law’s Troy, MO truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
As a Troy, MO truck accident victim, you should have the support of a dedicated Troy, MO truck accident attorney and reputable law firm that has the resources and energy to provide fierce representation from the beginning of your case to the end. The success of your recovery from your truck accident injuries should not depend on you covering your medical expenses out of pocket. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Troy, MO, you know that we will fight for your complete recovery–medical, financial, and legal. There is no charge for our representation until we win your Troy, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One condition that distinguishes a truck accident case from a typical passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that truck drivers and trucking companies must follow. Failure to comply with any of these rules can result in major accidents and significant injuries, and your Troy, MO truck accident case may depend upon your ability to prove that the truck driver or trucking company failed to satisfy any such requirements. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of their mileage and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and must stop once they have reached that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Here is a list of additional requirements that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Truck drivers are required by law to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. Though there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in Troy, MO do not rest until we win the precise value of your damages. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As the victim of a commercially operated truck accident, you are already up against a large corporation. There are a number of companies and individuals involved in the operation of a big rig or other commercial vehicle, and any number of them could have liability in your case.
In your truck accident case, your Troy, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that hired and manages the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. If the company neglected to look into the driver’s previous driving record, did not require periodic drug testing, or failed to adequately train the driver, the company could be partly liable. Another common practice is pressuring drivers to cover long distances in a limited time, which often violates state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability often stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. If the workers or company responsible for loading and securing the cargo did not do so properly, your Troy, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – Product liability can even come into play in some truck accidents if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer – Collecting Damages
Your Troy, MO truck accident has had an undeniable impact on your life. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, it can leave you with high medical costs, the inability to work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in Troy, MO can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your Troy, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in Troy, MO, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in Troy, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Troy, MO, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you achieve a complete financial recovery. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in Troy, MO and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in Troy, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Troy, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you are owed by contacting us now. Call 314-542-222 or click here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading