Truck Accident Lawyer Vandalia, IL
You’re injured, you’re in pain, and you need help. You didn’t ask to be hit by a tractor trailer, you didn’t ask to be injured, you didn’t ask to lose work, and you shouldn’t have to pay for those losses. You can fully recover from your truck accident in Vandalia, even if that means fighting for the full amount of your medical bills as well as any other financial losses you’ve taken on because of the accident. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia are prepared to fight on your behalf and make sure that all of your needs are fully covered.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys in Vandalia have set themselves apart in the defense of Vandalia residents and fight diligently for their rights, and will fight your claim to the fullest extent of IL laws, even if that means going to trial. Your way of life and health are far too important to not receive every portion of the recovery you need and deserve. Our Vandalia Truck Wreck Lawyers are dedicated to your needs and your recovery, regardless of the cost.
Our team consists of serious, dedicated, and aggressive Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia. Our Truck Accident Firm charges ZERO fees unless we win your claim, and we don’t stop until your full recovery is met. Your care and your concerns are our only concerns. Your needs deserve to be met, and if you’re ready, call or contact our team of Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia, IL now.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a Truck Accident? – Vandalia Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in Vandalia, there are several steps you should always take to protect your health and your truck accident claim. Here are the steps our Vandalia truck lawyers advise you take following an accident:
- Immediately call the authorities, and an ambulance if you are injured.
- Take pictures of your vehicle, the other vehicle, and any conditions of the road at the time.
- Try and get the other driver to admit they caused the accident. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Get Information.
- Once the police have arrived, explain what happened and have the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- If the truck driver refuses to help you or answer any questions, then you will need the assistance of a truck accident lawyer in Vandalia.
If you are able to follow each of the instructions, you’ll have a stronger claim. If you can’t take on these steps because of an injury or other complications that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Burger Law is an incredibly talented Truck Accident Law Firm in Vandalia that has a track record of success and protecting the rights of truck accident victims. We will get you the recovery you deserve.
Your Truck Accident Case in Vandalia requires an experienced and dedicated team. You didn’t ask for the accident or the injuries, so you shouldn’t have to pay for any of the rehabilitation that’s required to heal you. When you choose our team of aggressive and dedicated Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia will fight for your rights, your recovery, and your financial security. With our team, you don’t owe any fees unless we win your truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or contact now.
What Rules Do Truck Drivers Have to Follow?
Federal and State Regulations dictate the rules that truck drivers must follow. Truck Drivers must log their miles, drive only a certain amount of time, and must thoroughly maintain their vehicles. Here are several regulations every truck driver has to follow:
- Truck Drivers must keep an accurate log of their mileage and where they have driven.
- Truck Drivers can only drive for a certain amount of time per day, and must stop after they’ve reached that limit.
- Tractor Trailers and other Commercial Vehicles must be properly maintained to ensure safety of others on the road.
- Commercial Vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Here is a list of more requirments that truck drivers are obligated to meet to ensure the safety of the road.
Regulations such as these were enacted to reduce the number of accidents caused by truck drivers. The driver who caused your accident acted negligently, and if they broke one of the above rules we can find evidence that leads to that conclusions. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia use proven and effective methods to fight for our client’s rights, and we never settle for less than what our clients deserve. With our Truck Accident Law Firm, you will get 100% of your recovery.
Truck Accident Injuries – Truck Accident Lawyer Vandalia, IL
Commercial Trucks can weigh anywhere from 30,000lbs to 80,000lbs. A car weighs 5,000lbs. This incredible difference in weight is why truck drivers must closely and carefully adhere to the rules of the road. When a trucking vehicle or a commercial vehicle collides with a small sedan, the accidents always cause serious injuries. Here are several types of injuries that our Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia have helped fight for the recovery of:
- Broken Bones – Broken Bones are very common in car accidents because of the traumatic amount of force that can be applied to the bones. Car Accidents can easily lead to broken bones due to the force involved in the accidents. Broken bones can cause a loss of work, loss of function of the limb, and cause other health complications.
- Internal Bleeding – Internal Bleeding is a particularly dangerous injury that can result from a car accident because the injury isn’t immediately apparent. Internal bleeding is different from an exterior wound because the bleeding occurs inside your body, which causes blood loss that isn’t visibly apparent until much later.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal Injuries are often severe injuries because the nervous system of your body relies upon your spine and when it’s damaged, you can lose the function of y our limbs. The spinal cord is the main avenue that your brain uses to send commands throughout your body. When this is damaged, you can be partially or even permanently paralyzed.
- Death often occurs during commercial trucking accidents. Because of the massive amount of force that trucks have in their inertia, smaller personal cars can be destroyed in the event of an accident.
You did not ask to be in a truck accident, and you did not ask to suffer from life-changing injuries. You deserve to have a full recovery provided for by the people responsible for the accident. Our Truck Accident Law Firm in Vandalia, IL will fight for your rights every step of the way and ensure you get the care that you deserve.
What Can I recover from my Truck Accident Claim?
Your accident may require that you go through extensive rehabilitation, and this will cost money and time that will also require you to miss work. Under IL laws, you do have legal recourse to recover for your losses. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia can help you recover these items:
- You can recover the costs of any medical expenses, rehabilitation expenses, and pharmaceutical expenses.
- You can recover lost wages due to missing work.
- You can recover the cost of any legal guidance or legal fees that arose due to the needs of your claim.
- You can recover financially from the loss of any limbs or loss of use of the limbs.
Your injuries and any costs you incurred because of the truck accident deserve to be fully compensated. You never asked to be out of work, to be traumatically injured, or to have to deal with the intense pain you are now struggling to manage. You shouldn’t have to fight to get the recovery you are owed, it should be given to you. Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Vandalia will see that you get every dime that you deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in Vandalia, IL
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car. The truck driver was not paying attention to the flow of traffic, and hit the their […]Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the settlement. But the story of his demise and how we ensured all the many liens in […]Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a family dinner and proceeding northbound on Route 3 in Waterloo, Illinois. As they approached an intersection, […]Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was leaving a casino and went through an intersection on a green light. A tractor trailer proceeded […]Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger Law was able to negotiate a settlement for the full policy limits and maximize her monetary […]Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative with finding in insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment fell from the back of a truck that was traveling ahead of her on Highway […]Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and expertise, Gary was able to net his client a large settlement. Click here to read a […]Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver was working outside of the vehicle at the time of the collision. By arguing that the […]Continue Reading