Truck Accident Lawyer West Frankfort, IL, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer West Frankfort, IL. There is no question about it: truck accidents are dangerous. life as a truck accident victim can be unmanageably difficult. As a truck accident victim who has lost a loved one in a tragic truck accident death or has suffered debilitating injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery after being involved in a commercial truck accident, you need the representation of a powerful truck accident lawyer throughout your accident claim. With a proven history of winning millions of dollars for our clients, Burger Law has the West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyer capable of bringing you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
When you are the victim of a truck accident in Missouri or Illinois, you should understand how vital it is to act on your case as quickly as possible. The first step towards winning your truck accident case is to contact and hire a truck accident lawyer. Armed with a team of expert West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyers and highly skilled legal staff, Burger Law will relentlessly pursue your recovery and are committed to bringing you the outcome you desire. Take the first step toward winning your case by requesting a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of talented truck accident lawyers in the West Frankfort, IL area have the skills, knowledge, and track record which are the ingredients for the best quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tough cases that other law firms are intimidated by, and still we have a long record of securing complete compensation for our clients while holding irresponsible truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties liable for their actions. Your care, your recovery, and your financial stability are our only priorities. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you don’t pay.
What do I do after I’ve been involved in a truck accident? – West Frankfort, IL Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in West Frankfort, IL, you need to take several actions to protect your personal safety and recovery. To ensure the best outcome for your health and your case, these are certain steps our West Frankfort, IL truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. Make sure you are out of harm’s way and that you receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- If you can do so without compromising your safety, collect all possible documentation. Take photos of the damages to your vehicle, the condition of the other vehicle, the placement of the vehicles, and the condition of the road.
- If you are able to, talk to the truck driver as well as any witnesses. Ask them what happened, if they saw the light, etc. Remember to record their complete contact and driving information.
- After the police have arrived, explain what happened and attempt to get the other driver admit to causing the accident.
- After a commercial truck accident, contact and hire a West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyer who will represent you in your case.
Adhering to these few steps in the critical hours and days following your accident will help your recovery from your injuries on top of your financial recovery by strengthening your case. However, if you have difficulty with any of these steps, or if there are extenuating circumstances that make your truck crash claim more difficult, we can help. Your first priority must always be your personal safety. Leave the rest up to us. Burger Law is a revered truck accident law firm in West Frankfort, IL that will do what it takes to secure the rights of truck accident victims, and our case record shows it. When it comes to arguing your case and pursuing maximum compensation, Burger Law’s West Frankfort, IL truck accident team will leave no stone unturned and will not back down due to the insurance company’s manipulation tactics.
West Frankfort, IL truck accident victims like you should have the support of a dedicated West Frankfort, IL truck accident attorney and accomplished law firm that has the resources and energy to fight for you from the beginning of your case to the end. You deserve to heal from your injuries without worrying about the cost. When you select Burger Law’s hard-working team of Truck Accident Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. There is no charge for our representation until we win your West Frankfort, IL truck accident claim. To get the recovery you deserve, call or call or contact now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One condition that makes a truck accident case different from a regular car accident case is the number of special laws and regulations that dictate the operation of commercial vehicles. Semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are governed by certain rules on who and how they may be operated, the records that are to be kept, and when and what maintenance should be performed.
Federal and state regulations lay forth the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can result in major accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your West Frankfort, IL truck accident case. Below is a selection of our commercial truck requirements:
- Truck drivers must keep a detailed record of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- There is a limit to the number of hours a truck driver is allowed to drive in a day, and are required to stop and rest once they have surpassed that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to have all equipment regularly and properly maintained to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- In certain areas, commercial vehicles must follow a separate, lower speed limit.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are required by law to follow these regulations and adhere to the rules of the road, in addition to exercising regular caution and care when driving. Though inclement weather and other external factors can contribute to accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are caused by driver error. It is safe to say that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can prove their negligence to the courts. Our truck accident lawyers in West Frankfort, IL do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our responsibility as your truck accident law firm is to hold all negligent parties accountable for their reckless decisions and make them pay to help you recover.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer–Holding All Parties Responsible
Another way truck accidents can be complicated and, thus, another reason you need a truck accident lawyer to help you obtain a complete recovery in your truck accident case, is the all the potentially liable parties involved. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
With a skilled West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyer from Burger Law, you could have a case against any combination of the following parties.
- The truck driver – The driver is typically the first and primary party responsible for a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck crashes are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failure or improper use of signals, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – Your experienced truck accident lawyer may explore your case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite state and federal limits on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – If there is a separate party that owns the truck and provides it for use by the trucker, the owner may have liability as well. A truck owner’s liability often stems from failing to properly maintain the vehicle and provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones lose their tread. In your case against the owner of the truck, your lawyer will demand that they produce official records of all maintenance performed on the truck.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyer will help you by proving their responsibility and negligence in your case.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a faulty part or product used on the truck contributed to the accident. Common semi truck-related product defects include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in West Frankfort, IL costs you dearly. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can bring you high medical costs, loss of work, and other costs related to the accident, leaving you with extreme financial stress. Civil law allows you to file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your total damages suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in West Frankfort, IL can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage to repair or replace your vehicle
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your West Frankfort, IL truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a long history of winning difficult truck accident cases in West Frankfort, IL, we understand how to calculate your total damages and we have the litigation talent it takes to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in West Frankfort, IL, rest assured that we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in West Frankfort, IL, MO | Burger Law
After you or your family is hit by a semi truck, you need to worry about only two things: receiving the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the right truck accident lawyer to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a leading personal injury law firm in West Frankfort, IL and our highly skilled attorneys and legal staff are equipped to help you win your case. When you choose a Burger Law attorney to be your truck accident lawyer in West Frankfort, IL, we will always communicate and keep you informed, dedicate ourselves to providing your case, and apply our advanced legal strategy and proven methods toward advancing your case.
You need to contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible after being in a truck accident in West Frankfort, IL. Discover what Burger Law can do to help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and obtain the compensation you deserve by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today for a free consultation with a talented truck accident lawyer.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading