Truck Accident Lawyer West St. Louis County, MO, MO
Truck Accident Lawyer West St. Louis County, MO. There is no disputing the fact that truck accidents often cause horrendous damage. Falling victim to a commercial truck accident is a major trauma. Whether your truck accident resulted in the tragic death of a loved one or has caused you serious or long-term injuries that have made it difficult to provide for your family as you normally do or perform the duties of your job, you deserve justice. In order to obtain a complete recovery following your involvement in a commercial truck accident, you must have the help of a top truck accident lawyer working for you throughout your accident claim. With hundreds of case wins and millions of dollars secured for our clients, count on Burger Law to provide you with the West St. Louis County, MO truck accident lawyer best suited to get you a complete financial recovery for your damages.
After being involved in a large truck accident in the state of Missouri or Illinois, it is important to act on your case as quickly as possible. Your best hope of success in your truck accident case begins with contacting and hiring a truck accident lawyer. Burger Law’s talented team of experienced West St. Louis County, MO truck accident lawyers and legal support staff will work hard to secure your recovery and know what it takes to get you the outcome you deserve. Make headway toward winning your case by contacting us for a free case review at 314-648-8348.
Our roster of expert truck accident lawyers in the West St. Louis County, MO area come to you with the skills, knowledge, and track record needed to provide you with top quality counsel in your commercial truck accident case. We are not afraid to take on the tricky cases that other law firms shy away from, and despite this, we hold an excellent history of winning maximum compensation for our clients while holding negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and other parties responsible for their negligent behavior. Your care, your physical and mental healing, and your financial health are our only priorities. We don’t charge you a penny unless we secure a financial settlement for you.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident – West St. Louis County, MO Truck Accident Lawyer
Immediately following a truck accident in West St. Louis County, MO, there are certain steps you need to take to protect your personal safety and recovery. To provide yourself with the best outlook for both your physical recovery and your financial recovery, these are certain steps our West St. Louis County, MO truck lawyers advise you take following a truck accident:
- Call 911. If you are injured, see to your health first and foremost. If possible, get to a safe space out of the way of traffic and receive any immediate medical attention necessary.
- Collect any documentation and information you can safely obtain. Use your phone to take pictures of things like damage to your vehicle, all of your medical, financial and legal needs will be fully taken care of. Best of all, there are no fees for you we win your West St. Louis County, MO truck accident claim. Give yourself a chance to get the highest available settlement by contacting us now.
Rules and Regulations for Truck Drivers
One of the things that separates a truck accident case from a regular passenger vehicle car accident case is the fact that the parties that own the vehicles and the people who drive them are held to more stringent laws and regulations. Big rig trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are to follow specific rules on who and how they may be operated, how records should be kept, and the maintenance that must be performed.
Federal and state regulations establish the rules that those involved in a commercial truck must follow. Failing to follow any of these rules can cause accidents and serious injuries or even loss of life, and proving that a truck driver or their employer did not meet requirements will be important in proving your West St. Louis County, MO truck accident case. Some rules on owning and operating commercial trucks include:
- Truck drivers must keep an accurate log of the distances they travel and where they travel.
- Truck drivers are limited to driving a limited number of hours per day, and are required to stop and rest after they have met that limit.
- Owners of tractor trailers and other commercial vehicles are required to schedule and follow through with regular, adequate maintenance to ensure safety of everyone on the road.
- Commercial vehicles must maintain and not exceed certain speeds while on certain roads.
- Learn more about the federal and state regulations that govern truck drivers and are meant to keep everyone safe here.
Truck drivers are expected to operate in accordance with all laws and requirements for commercial drivers while exercising an advanced measure of caution at all times. While there are some factors outside of human control, such as bad weather, that can lead to car accidents, a consistent 95% of auto accidents are attributed to driver error. It is more than likely that your truck accident was caused (at least in part) by the driver or trucking company’s negligence, and we can shed light on their transgressions under the law. Burger Law’s excellent truck accident lawyers in West St. Louis County, MO do not consider our job done until we secure a complete settlement payment for you. Our truck accident law firmwill demand that the negligent parties are held responsible and will get you the compensation you need to recover from the damages you have suffered.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold All Negligent Parties Accountable
Aside from the massive potential for destruction and the additional rules to which truck operators are held, truck accident cases can be unique from typical car accidents due to the number of actors that could hold responsibility. As if being hit by a enormous truck is not enough, you, the victim, are put up against a large corporation. Unlike a typical passenger car accident, there are many parties responsible for ensuring that the big rigs on our roads are safe to be around other drivers, passengers, bikers, and pedestrians.
In your truck accident case, your West St. Louis County, MO truck accident lawyer from Burger Law may find that you prove any combination of the following parties accountable for your accident.
- The truck driver – The driver is the obvious first defendant in a commercial truck accident. A few of the top driver errors that lead to truck accidents are speeding, reckless driving, drowsy driving, failing to use turn signals or other signaling practices, and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The trucking company – With a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer, you may have a case against the trucking company that employs the driver. Even if the action that led to the accident was something the driver did or didn’t do, the trucking agency could still be partly to blame. For example, failing to perform a background check or record regular drug tests or failing to properly train a driver could fall upon the trucking company. Another thing to look out for is when the company imposes unrealistic and unreasonable requirements about how much ground should be covered in what amount of time, despite regulations on consecutive hours a truck driver should operate.
- The owner of the truck – In arrangements where a company or individual other than the driver owns the truck, the owner may have liability as well. Their liability usually stems from their responsibility to have the machine regularly inspected and to provide replacement parts as needed, such as providing new tires when the old ones become bald. The owner must be able to produce proper maintenance records for the truck in question.
- The cargo company – Sometimes semi trucks tip, fall over, roll, and lose their cargo. It often happens when the loading company or an individual employee does not load or secure the cargo correctly. If this is the case, your West St. Louis County, MO truck accident lawyer may be able to pursue a case against them as well.
- Parts manufacturers – You may even have a case of product liability in your truck accident claim if a component on the truck or trailer broke or malfunctioned and contributed to the accident. Product issues that most frequently contribute to truck accidents include brake line failure, tire blowouts, and steering system malfunctions.
Damages Your Truck Accident Lawyer Can Recover
A truck accident in West St. Louis County, MO costs you dearly. In addition to the psychological and emotional toll of living through a trauma, your accident can leave you with expensive medical costs, loss of work, and many other financial burdens, leading to further financial stress. Under our country’s civil laws, you are able to file a personal injury claim in order to recover the damages you have suffered as a result of this accident; this includes both economic and non-economic damages. Our truck accident lawyers in West St. Louis County, MO can help you recover these items:
- The cost of medical treatment, medical bills, and other treatments
- Lost income from having to miss work
- Lost future earnings due to the long term or permanent effects of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, like stress and anxiety and PTSD
- Permanent effects of the accident such as partial disability, total disability, loss of limb, or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle and any other damaged property
- The attorney’s fees and court costs associated with your case
As your West St. Louis County, MO truck accident lawyer, your Burger Law attorney will work tirelessly to pursue all damages, both economic and non-economic, in your case. With a history of winning truck accident cases in West St. Louis County, MO, we are familiar with how to calculate the total cost of your complete damages and we have the skill necessary to prove and argue their value. With Burger Law as your truck accident law firm in West St. Louis County, MO, you know we will get you the recovery you need and deserve.
Truck Accident Lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO, MO | Burger Law
You should be focused on only two things after you or your loved one are injured by a semi truck: getting the medical care you need to recover physically and emotionally and hiring the truck accident lawyer you trust to help you win your case and recover financially. Burger Law is a top personal injury law firm in West St. Louis County, MO with a team of talented attorneys and legal staff that have what it takes to win your case. When you hire a Burger Law attorney to act as your truck accident lawyer in West St. Louis County, MO, you will receive excellent communication, dedicated legal advocacy, proven legal strategy, and the efforts of our entire firm working to advance your case.
After being in a truck accident, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney in West St. Louis County, MO right away. Find out how Burger Law can help you hold the negligent driver, agency, and other parties responsible and recover the compensation you are owed by contacting us right away. Call 314-542-222 or send us a message here today to speak to a truck accident lawyer for free.
- We represented our client who was seriously injured when a tractor-trailer driver negligently merged into her lane and struck her vehicle on I-70. Our client’s car spun out of control following the collision and she had to be extracted...Continue Reading
- $212,000 Truck Crash Settlement Our office was able to get a great settlement for our client Matthew, an over-the-road truck driver. Two-Truck Crash Matt was driving out of state in Texas when this crash occurred. Another tractor-trailer did not...Continue Reading
- On April 24, 2017, our client David was traveling southbound in the right lane on U.S. 67 when another driver, Mr. Lint attempted to change lanes. Mr. Lint steered into the right lane and struck our client’s vehicle. David...Continue Reading
- We were recently able to secure a policy limits settlement for our client and friend Randy. Randy and I became friends many years ago when he painted my house. He is a nice and hard working man. He later...Continue Reading
- We fought on behalf of Amy Van Doren and her children when her husband was killed during a fatal vehicle collision on Highway 185 in Potosi. Amy’s husband, Paul Van Doren, was attempting to divert traffic away from an...Continue Reading
- Recently, Genavieve Fikes and I obtained a great $200,000 settlement for our client in a contested liability truck accident case. Despite strong evidence in our favor, the trucking company failed to make any settlement offer whatsoever until the day...Continue Reading
- Tonya was commuting to work on a Friday and a truck changed lanes, causing her vehicle to roll into the medium. The negligent driver fled the scene of the accident. When apprehended, the driver did admit fault in the...Continue Reading
- We recently settled two cases during very different stages in litigation which teach good lessons on how to keep a case moving forward while also still negotiating settlement. We settled Hannah’s case last week in a Mediation. Hannah was...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this testimonial, Gary brings in Bradley Powell to talk about his case and how the Burger Law Firm helped...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this video, Gary invites Greg to talk about his experience with Burger Law. Greg’s case was a workers’ compensation...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts I was recently able to get a great resolution for our client, Bob Schneider. Bob was driving on Highway 367...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury LawyerSt. Louis, MO Burger Law Fights for the Rights and Recoveries of those Injured by Reckless Acts In this Testimonial, Gary brings in Dale Breeze, a client who was in an auto accident last year. In Dale’s...Continue Reading
- Our client Chris was injured on February 29, 2016. The car crash occurred when foam from a truck owned by Defendant Ragsdale Construction came out of his truck bed on Interstate 55. This caused another car to swerve and...Continue Reading
- On November 16, 2014, my client was driving his vehicle southbound on South Breese Street in Waterloo, Illinois when another driver failed to stop at a stop sign and entered the intersection right in front of my client’s car....Continue Reading
- $116,000 Settlement against dump truck driver We were able to get a great settlement for our clients Luis and Kelsey. They were stopped in traffic on Interstate 64 when a dump truck crashed into the back of their car....Continue Reading
- We represent the family of Finely Felty. I regret I did now know him before his death. We represent his widow, Dorothy, and have now completed the case. I am not at liberty to disclose the amount of the...Continue Reading
- I am thrilled to have recently settled a truck/auto collision case in Southern Illinois. My three clients were husband and wife and grandmother in a car that was hit by a tractor trailer truck. They were traveling from a...Continue Reading
- Personal Injury Lawyer, Gary Burger and Burger Law represented a family of a man killed in a wreck with a tractor trailer in a wrongful death case. In the early morning hours of June 15, 2013, our client was...Continue Reading
- The St. Louis area personal injury attorneys at Burger Law represented a woman who swerved to dodge a piece of playground equipment that fell from a truck. As a result of the multi-car accident, she sustained serious injuries. Burger...Continue Reading
- In addition to the above case, you need to be creative in finding insurance in all auto cases. We did “creative lawyering” relating to an old crash that left our client Connie Wills severely injured. In 2010, playground equipment...Continue Reading
- Gary represented a client who was hit by a large state-owned dump truck while driving her car. Gary got around the complex rules barring the state from issuing a settlement because of sovereign immunity. Because of his experience and...Continue Reading
- In this case, a reckless driver struck and killed a tow truck driver who was helping a stranded motorist. The experienced trial attorneys at Burger Law had to litigate against an insurance policy that denied coverage because the driver...Continue Reading