The moments and days following a motorcycle accident are critical. What you do during that time will have a major impact on the course of your recovery from your injuries and affect any legal proceedings that occur as a result of the accident. As the victim in a motorcycle accident, you deserve a complete physical and financial recovery. To get back to health and to get the full sum of damages you are owed, it is important that you know what steps to take after your accident. One of those steps is hiring the right law firm. Burger Law’s St. Louis motorcycle accident lawyers serving all of Missouri and Illinois are here to give you valuable guidance and fierce representation of your claim. Begin working with us by calling our law firm now at (314) 500-HURT or filling out an online form.
What to do after a motorcycle accident
- Get to safety. Before you attempt to move, gain your bearings and reorient yourself. It is quite possible that you were thrown from your vehicle and tumbled or slid. Figure out where you are relative to the roadway and surrounding traffic. If you are easily able to move, get out of harm’s way and the flow of traffic. During this time, it is also important to remember to keep your helmet and other protective gear on as you h
- Call 911. After the motorcycle accident occurs, do not rely on anyone else to call the authorities to the scene. Call 911 to report the accident. First responders should arrive on the scene of any moderate to serious motorcycle accident.
- Get medical attention. After a motorcycle accident, you should get prompt medical care and an examination, even if you believe you are not seriously injured. More likely than not, you do have obvious injuries from the accident that occurred while you were riding your motorcycle. This immediate medical care is critical to understanding the injuries you are dealing with and map out your road to recovery.
- Collect evidence. After the accident has happened and you have found your way back to safety, you should focus on collecting evidence to prove your case. A good motorcycle accident lawyer will take care of this for you, but it does not hurt to begin the process yourself. If you are not injured to the point of requiring an ambulance or emergency hospitalization, you can collect things like witness contact information and photos from the scene of the accident.
- Call a motorcycle accident lawyer.When it comes to talking to a motorcycle accident lawyer in St. Louis, the sooner the better. You only have a limited amount of time to make your motorcycle accident claim, so begin looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer you trust right away. Take a look at things like their past case results, client testimonials, awards and other similar information that can help show you exactly what the lawyer or law firm can do for you. The Missouri and Illinois motorcycle accident lawyers of Burger Law are available for free case reviews. Speak to our attorneys for free today at (314) 500-HURT.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Missouri or Illinois
After getting to safety and getting medical care, the most important thing you can do when you have been injured in a motorcycle accident is to speak to and hire a capable motorcycle accident attorney in St. Louis right away. Burger Law’s St. Louis personal injury lawyers are experts in all types of auto accidents including complex and difficult motorcycle accident cases. We have helped hundreds of motorcycle accident victims and those injured in other accidents recover more than $170 million in damages. We will help you recover the damages that are owed to you. Hire us now by calling (314) 500-HURT or filling out this form.